Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated. As I lie awake at night considering all this, I think my best option may be to relocate the original batteries back next to the new ones so they can all be together and properly wired. Any reduction in pin weight is a plus for me. I know the run is long but I would add another set of 4/0 cables to keep the losses low. As soon as I have some data with the new SmartShunts I will post it here.
Hello Ed, yes, I did all this work myself and this is why a value everyone's input greatly. I have done many other upgrades as well (stand alone in-cabinet icemaker install, 400 watt Kicker stereo upgrade including amp, speakers and subwoofer, HAM radio power and antenna feed lines, Honda 2200 generator permanent install w/ propane conversion, hard piped water filter and softener, full width cargo tray, additional motion lights throughout the basement and front storage, under carriage colored LED strings on a dusk/dawn controller, See-Level tank gauges, removed the kitchen table and bolted down a powered up/down desk, washer/dryer... and more).
I also had to fix a lot of problems that should have been done at the factory: I mounted the recliners to the floor with 4 bolts each instead of just one screw (during this project I found the couch was held in place by just one screw as well!), rebuilt the under bed storage as the staples on the sides started to fall out and the bottom did fall out, installed the correct heat pump controller so the rear A/C would actually pump heat... I could go on.
I am a big believer in DIY so when things go wrong in the future, and they will with an RV, hopefully I can troubleshoot and fix it myself.
Best Regards, Mike
Mike & Doreen
2021 Montana 3120RL Legacy - Sterling - Super Solar
2020 Chevy 2500HD High Country