Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You have your nose pointed in the right direction. You are right on target with the analysis that the Montana is the "best bang for the buck." The basement space is adequate in these Montanas and can be made more useful with organizational ingenuity. This is the place to peruse in order that you not have to re-invent the wheel.

The truck issue is a bit of a concern. 1/2-ton pickups are just not able to manage the weight of a big fifth wheel safely. You will, at a minimum, need a 3/4-ton heavy duty rig and many folks will vehemenantly defend the need to have a 1-ton, dual rear wheel with four wheel drive.

It may be said you can't have too much truck, however, for most, there has to be a balance between need and financial responsibility. If I could have anything I wanted, I would probably have a Volvo Hauler or a customized Freightliner. That's not going to happen.

Let me say that you came to the right place for hearing many sides of the issues addressed in a extraordinarily calm environment. There is great synergistic creativity among the nice folks who post here. Welcome to the Forum.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote