Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2022, 05:52 PM   #1
donhov
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14649
? Exaust fan on 2014 Mountaineer 375 FLF

Live full time in this and have for the 5 years we have owned it. Tonight wife was fixing dinner and exhaust fan came on on it's own. Switch on microwave did nothing, either off or on to control it. As far as I know this is the first this has happened. After a while fan went off and switch now controls it's off and on function as it should. Does anyone know if there is a temp sensor that over rides the manual control switch on this or do I need to start looking for some type of short or bare wire? Absolutely surprised me so would appreciate any thoughts on this

Microwave is Frigidaire Electrolux home products make on label with light and exhaust fan.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:14 PM   #2
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I installed a new one this summer. It did the same thing. The manual says this is for overheating. Trys to cool things down.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:59 AM   #3
donhov
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14649
That's what I thought. There must be some type of thermal switch to help prevent overheating as you said but I would think there would be some type of indicator that it was what was happening.

Thanks for the reply