Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2022, 08:34 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Need ideas? Slide floor - removing carpet

We've had our Montana for over 4 years now and we've absolutely hated the carpet in the kitchen slide (the largest slide in the camper). A couple years ago, I removed the carpet surrounding the slide on the main floor. The refrigerator sits on the carpet in the slide as does the kitchen table (which we have also removed along with all the free standing chairs and replaced with something different).

Meanwhile, the carpet in the actual slide remains. Looking under the carpet I can see the Draco covering so not real sure how to proceed removing that carpet and installing something else (not carpet).

Removing the old carpet will not be a problem. What I'm asking for (advise), is what to replace and how to replace a covering on the floor in the slide (considering it's covered with the Draco.

I'm thinking just remove the carpet, cut out of the Draco, pour vinyl glue on the floor and lay new kitchen floor tiles down. We do not want to go with a wood floor or a laminate, although a free floating surface would mean I would not have to remove the Draco and use glue or stick-on tiles.

Anyway, what's your thoughts for anyone who's done this before. What did you use as the final covering and would you do it different knowing what you know now, after the fact?

Again... the carpet IS coming out. It's just nasty, holds dirt, and water. We've had it covered with a rubber mat for a couple years now. The rubber mat has worked well to keep the dogs from pee-ing directly on the carpet, but it's just time get rid of the carpet and go with something solid.

What your thoughts. What would you do? What have you done?

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:52 AM   #2
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Make a template and go to www.ClassicBoatCarpet.com
boatcarpetguy.com and have them custom make bound non-slip, easy to clean AquaMat® AquaWeave® Evolution with a color of you choice like AquaLoc® https://corinthianmarine.com/aquamat/. You can have it free floating for ease of removal or glued down. I installed this material in the motorhome cockpit and living room as a floor runner (Black Pearl color). Very similar to what Montana installs in there new trailers in place of carpet under the dinette table, couch and theater seating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Cockpit Carpet March 2022.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	13283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger Cockpit Carpet March 2022.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	13284  
Old 02-12-2023, 04:52 PM   #3
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
Hi, We want to pull out and replace our dinette slide carpet as well in our 2019 HC. It's total junk.

Our camping world service department looked at us like we are from Mars when we explained we want to pull out the gross carpet, then replace it with same material that all NEW Montana's have in the dinning room slides. They are totally, totally confused.

Did you come up with anything yet?
Thanks in advance.
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:02 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Skippydoo, see my post I made here a couple days ago:

Click here.

I'm very pleased with the outcome.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote