Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2017, 06:26 AM   #1
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
2014 Big Sky Remote Failure/Replacement Problem

Hello everyone,
We love our 2014 3100RL Montana Big Sky, but recently the bedroom slide would no longer work on the remote. We went to our dealer in Tacoma Washington who diagnosed the failure on the remote controller main board. They ordered a replacement, wrong one came in, ordered the updated part and installed it under the extended warranty.
Here's where it get's tricky...We lost functionality. Now we can no longer remotely control the landing gear. The dealer said they called LCI who stated it never should have worked at all without some special part on the main level-up controller, which ours doesn't apparently have.
So, it worked when I bought it (slides, awning, flood light, landing gear), and now after the replacement all but the landing gear works. The dealer also removed some jumpers put in at the factory, saying they should never have been used that way.
I'm now stuck with this function not working. I'm not sure what to do and was wondering if anyone else has a 2014 Big Sky that could take a picture of their remote control board. I'm not sure the picture I took after the first diagnosis correctly represented the original wiring, as they did a lot of troubleshooting. The dealer has essentially said there is nothing else they can do.
Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I typically use the remote on the landing gear every time we hook up.

MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Here's a link to the photo of the main control connections.
http://tinypic.com/r/2rdxjbc/9
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote