Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #21
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
Ours has no selector valves. We did not know that was an option when we bought our Montana.

I'd like to just add a valve to the main slide out, so that just the bedroom slide would be active. I can almost prevent the large slide from moving by holding on to it while activating the switch, but there is a slight movement so the seal is not completely intact. It would be helpful to be able to pull in the main slide during low temperature camping, and we have a place where we park at our son's, and cannot extend the main slide.

I've wondered if I could just add a manual valve into that line. Has anyone added their own valves?

Russ

Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #22
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I am sure it can be done but you need a to run separate hose from the pump to each slide. Or at least to the "T" fittings that must be near the bedroom slide. If you do decide to try the upgrade you may want to add the remote operated solenoid type valve that we have been discussing. That way you could have the control right at the slide out switch instead of having to go to the basement to manually turn the valve.

You may want to give Dale a call and get the specifics. He can lead you in the right direction.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #23
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Russ and Sandy,

If I'm not mistaking, your 2955 has two rooms on it, doesn't it?

If so, it would be piece of cake to add a double IRC to your unit if you are willing to spend about 108 buck plus shipping and handling. And I would make sure that it is set-up for your coach and it would take......maybe 12 minutes of your time to put it on.

Call me and I can set up a COD if you are interested.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
MIMF-2..can that be done with 4 slides (3400) and if so what is the price. I can not believe Montana put those valves in the storage compartment, also can not believe they put the front jack stand switch in the side compartment were you can't hardly see what is going on out there. In the good old Government where I once toiled we would call those things the products of the "office of diabolical engineering".
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote