Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
DudleyW

M.O.C. #30126
Furrion FGH4ZSA-ss stove top removal help

Could anyone give me some advice on removing the top of my furrion stove? The ones I have experience with just simply lift up but this one appears to be more challenging. I have found that each burner has two long screws which possibly connect the top to the bottom but the top still doesn't budge and neither does the individual burners. I have also removed the screws in the back grate but other than that, I cannot see what is holding down both the stove top and the individual burners. I also realize there is a nut on the ignitor but not sure if that makes a difference. I have it loosened but don't want to completely remove it from fear of the ignitor falling down .

On a related subject, the purpose of removing the stove top is to get to the gas regulator which is below. I am wanting to see if i can adjust it to reduce the size of my flame. If there is an easier way to do this I am open to suggestions, but I would still like to figure out how to remove this stove top or it will bother me forever.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211118_110222.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	10600  

DudleyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I found this sales video from etrailer
https://www.etrailer.com/tv-Demo-Fur...FGH4ZSASS.aspx

Looking at the video - the stove top unit is separate from the oven with no hard connection...and when you read the installation instructions from the Furrion manual (pic below) - I think the top unit is simply pressed down into the countertop cutout with butyl tape...no screws. I would get a putty knife or flat head screw driver and work my way around it to pry it up.

I did not see any info on adjusting the flame. My home propane stove has flame adjustent screw down in the knob stem - but the Furrion does not have that. I checked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-18_14-18-37.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	10602  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:09 AM   #3
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
The tape holding it in is super sticky. We had to carefully pry ours up. Start from the front, the back has a lip that goes under the vented piece in the back.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:23 AM   #4
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyW View Post
On a related subject, the purpose of removing the stove top is to get to the gas regulator which is below. I am wanting to see if i can adjust it to reduce the size of my flame. If there is an easier way to do this I am open to suggestions, but I would still like to figure out how to remove this stove top or it will bother me forever.

Thanks in advance!
I've never taken ours out, but ours had some of the butyl tape sticking out in a couple of places, so that is indeed how it's held on.

You indicated that you wanted to reduce the size of the flame. Does turning it down not reduce it enough? On ours, when we are the lowest setting, it won't hardly stay lit, the flame is so small. But, if we want a smaller flame, it's pretty easy, and works well, to adjust the flame size down any desired level...
Old 11-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #5
Reset19
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23160
I have removed ours. The two screws in the back vent need to be removed. There is butyl tape around the sides and front. I worked around the sides gently separating the tape and counter top. It will then lift. It took me along time to eventually get it to separate. Please post if you find away to adjust. We have the same issue with the minimum burner setting.

Tags
burner, flame, furrion, removal, stove