Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
jksimons
Established Member

M.O.C. #9659
Send a message via AIM to jksimons
RV value

Hello..we own a 2006 Montana and are intersted in selling it. What is the best way to determine the resale value?

Thanks in advance!

jksimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Check NADA.com! Click on the RV section and then the year and then pick your individual specifics that your unit has. They should be able to tell you what your unit is worth! It will give you the retail price, low value and average selling price.
You can also go to some of the RV sites and check out the pricing for units similar or identical to yours.

P.S. I first posted Kelley's Bluebook but they don't price out RVs.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

You can also go to some of the RV sites and check out the pricing for units similar or identical to yours.

That's what I did.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
JohnG3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Check NADA.com! Click on the RV section and then the year and then pick your individual specifics that your unit has. They should be able to tell you what your unit is worth! It will give you the retail price, low value and average selling price.

We were talking with a local small independent RV lot about selling a trailer. He told us a few things that made sense, then I checked a out the Kelly Blue Book statement and found he is correct. What I learned:
1) NADA uses equipment prices and a formula for determining depreciation values. Not real accurate in this ecomony and tend to be high.

2) Kelly Blue Book uses figures from actual sales. KBB makes their income from these figures so you must buy the books to get RV sales figures (or go to a TRUSTED dealer for a figure), hence the inability to find a KBB figure on line. These figures are more "real world" and generally lower than the NADA values. I checked this point out through a family friend who worked for KBB and she confirmed the facts of this statement.

3) If you use NADA, there is a clickable line at the start of the equipment section that says something like "manufacturer's note". If you click on that you will see a statement regarding standard equipment that is included in the base price. You will get a very high price if you include those items in the check box section of added equipment. This mistake makes an already high price even higher.
JohnG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, I was going to make the same point about being careful about what equipment you check off but you said it very well. I think that's a very common mistake that leads a lot of people to believe their rig is worth considerably more than it actually is worth.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote