Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2004, 04:14 AM   #1
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Improvements to 3295

I made several improvements to our 3295 (2002).
1. I mounted a pilot lighted switch for the H2O pump on the side of the curio cabinet so I could easily see it from the door. Just a short wire to connect since the pump is beneath the curio.
2. I installed a combination 12v/TV outlet in the kitchen slide on the wall adjacent to the fridge. A coax antenna cable is right there, so I was able to cut it and put a splitter in, and I found 12V wiring there that goes to the fridge that I tapped onto. Now I can use my 12v TV in the living area when there is no elec hookup. And also I can use my 12v electric knife in the kitchen.
3. I found that ALL of the kitchen slide outlets were on the single GFCI circuit as well as the fireplace, fridge, outside outlets, and bathroom outlets. This made it impossible to use the fireplace and and electric coffee pot or toaster at the same time. I then found that the microwave outlet is on a separate circuit, so I wired an additional outlet to that circuit and installed it in the wall to the left of the micro. Works perfectly, especially since we seldom use the micro other than for thawing and reheating.
4. I discovered an access panel just behind the waste basket drawer. From that I drilled through the slideout wall to add an outlet for my satellite dish. I was then able to fish a coax from the shelves over the TV down to there. It looks like a "factory installed" job!
5. I made a "leaf" for my table by finishing a piece of oak plywood the same as the table, then installed two "arms" of oak beneath at the same distance apart as the frame just beneath the table top. By screwing on two blocks to receive the arms of the leaf, I can slide it right into place, adding 10 inches to the table width. Of course I must remember to take the leaf off to put the slide in.
5. I installed a 12V bullseye reading light on the side of the curio (12V access just below the cabinet) so I can have an light just behind me when I sit in the recliner. Especially helpful when no elec. hook up.
6. I bought two pieces of clear acrylic and cut them to fit the screen door, being sure to cut out an area to access the little sliding access door. I cut the acrylic to just overlap the frame around the screen, then used little nylon "turn buttons" to secure the acrylic. This made a perfect storm door. Giving us a chance to have an outside view when we have the heat on...or when we have the air conditioning on. If we want the normal screen door, it is easy to remove either one or both the panels. The upper panel is rectangular and fits the to portion to just above the sliding door. The other panel is rectangular except for the cutout for the sliding panel.

Karl and Carol
Plymouth, Wisconsin
2002 Montana 3295
2003 GMC 2500 Duramax

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote