Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

We did what Steve R. did, put the couch under the back window and added one Lazy Boy Wallhugger Recliner in the Long slide. I use the recliner and Cathy and Villa the couch. We opted for a non swiveling, non rocking unit, cloth finish and very comfortable, much less weight than the OEMs also. Cathy turns it sideways in the slide when moving. Sunny and I love it....Will replace the couch some day also. Too heavy a unit and no use for the bed in it. My son came one weekend last year and ended up sleeping on the floor it was so uncomfortable.
Just to save someone else's back, this will NOT work with a 06 3500RL. The couch sticks out about 2 inches too far.

Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #22
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Steve, In checking with Cathy, she just pushes it back also.

Just to save someone else's back, this will NOT work with a 06 3500RL. The couch sticks out about 2 inches too far.

Sorry to hear the couch won't slide back in the 3500. Sometimes we have to answer a question not knowing what 5th wheel a poster has, perhaps IF, we all listed our models in our signature, this would prelcude these type of answers. Good luck with your choice......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Phil, you and I seem to turn to our respective spouses to help us correct our memory failures. At least, I do. Vicki reminded me after reading my post that we looked at those swing slider glider whatever they are things and I didn't want it because the arm was not wide enough for my trackball to rest there when I am in the chair, laptop on lap. I sure like the chairs, otherwise, though. Maybe when we're next in the market we can find one with a wider arm.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #24
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We don't use RV funiture, have found most to be poorly made and uncomfortable. We have a Lazy Boy re-cline away Love Seat, in the door slide, we Love togetherness. We also deleted the couch in the 2010 because we don't really like couches, the one we have now is 92" and we couldn't get out of the 5er unless we removed the rear window so we kept it. We really haven't used a couch in any of the 5th wheels we have owned, we always gave them to Goodwill. We do have a Lazy Boy recliner in the rear and in the past used a Glider rocker. However with our dog "Montana" we used the space for the Glider rocker for his space with the new 5er. We also found that Lazy Boy's funiture weight is much less and so much better made and lighter than RV funiture. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #25
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
Actually we went yesterday and bought 2 lazy boy recliners. Not sure the model. We will get them on the 28th. We are living in the Monty till december, and realized there was no way we could sit on the ones that are in here. My back and neck were killing me. Jackie
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #26
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
We found a Lazy-Boy recliner love seat that actually has a section between the two recliners that has a table with cup holders and two drawers. Very nice and comfortable. Only 73" wide and the slide we want to put it in is 78" so how perfect is that? Thanks for everyones imput, it is greatly appreciated. Our Montana is a 2008 3665RE.
cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I do like the one sofa - one recliner setup. We have done for a short time and we like the extra room. However, if you entertain on a rainy day (rare) it is a little difficult finding enough seating for everyone.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #28
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Jackie,

Wish you had mentioned that you were replacing your recliners when we were at Sunset Point. We replaced ours in March of this year, buying them from a Star Furniture in Webster.

We donated the trailer chairs to the RV park for their cabins. They took them out and the furniture store delivered our new ones to the trailer. I love the new lighter weight chairs. It gives us so much more room than the ones that came with our Monty. Our chairs were the older style that were huge.

We keep our chairs in the super slide and don't tie them down when we are traveling.

Enjoyed meeting you both.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Actually - and I hope I am not veering too far off course here - but we used our oem recliners for 3 yrs solid. I slept in one for several months (shoulder surgeries) and I have no complaints at all. They were very comfortable - for a 32" wide recliner. Yes, both are wore out, but if anyone here were to offer their oems on the cheap, I'd take em in heartbeat...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

I do like the one sofa - one recliner setup. We have done for a short time and we like the extra room. However, if you entertain on a rainy day (rare) it is a little difficult finding enough seating for everyone.
Dave, we have two nice padded folding chairs in the upright closet next to the bed (forgot what it's called). If we did more entertaining inside then the single recliner probably wouldn't work as well for us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #31
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Just a comment, we also deleted two of the eating table chairs in the 2010 (SOB), in their place we ordered to very nice and comfortable padded folding chair. Table chairs is another thing we hauled around for many years and took up space for nothing, we never used them. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #32
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I would like to position the acceptably comfortable reclining chairs in the LR slide but swapping the sofabed to the back of the RV will block the window screens and knobs that we use a lot.

The RV recliners are a pain to move around. When we first bought the rig, both recliners were missing hardware and were not working correctly. So between the two I got 1 working 100%, then took the other one for replacement. While I waited, the service advisor found out it would take 8-10 weeks to get a replacement (this is the service guy I worked with that made me wait for 7 weeks to get my 2 month old refrigerator fixed). So he invited me to the existing Monty's on the lot and to pick out two new matching chairs for me to take home.

I then had to remove the remaining chair and carry two new chairs back into the RV. It did require DW and I to fully extend the recliner to get it to fit through the door, but the two of us did okay with it. NO, we don't want to do this again.

We have two lazyboys and like that they come apart in two pieces but they are the wrong color scheme for the RV. The RV ones don't come apart. NEXT time, the RV chairs are getting hacked in two or more pieces upon removal and will be replaced with lightweight swivel rockers or small 2-piece Lazyboy type chairs. NO more RV recliners.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote