Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
retire06

M.O.C. #9445
Replacing television

A storm blew out our big tv and we would like to know what brands would be a good replacement for our tv? The repair shop told us to replace it ourselves and save some money but we don't know which of the sets out on the market would be a good replacement. We have a 2955RL 2006 montana

retire06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
I would measure the opening and then shop for one of the new LCDs. I am guessing you have a tube type in there now. The tube type are pretty much obsolete. You will notice not many tube type on the shelves anymore.

Here is a site with brands and measurements for them. It might help in deciding what will fit for you. You may also be able to modify your opening and maybe use a swing out arm to assist your effort.

You can navigate the site and find smaller sizes.

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...re-reviews.php

The LCD in our 08 2955RL is a 26" View Sonic. I would look at trying to put in a larger size and a different brand.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I thought I read somewhere that Glass tube are no longer for sale as new. Only used ones might be acquired from someone else.

That said, the good news is that any of the LCD, plasma, rear projection, etc. are plentiful and have come down in price over the past few years and they are digital ready.

The bad news is that older RVs with entertainment cabinets were sized for CRT televisions. There are a few posts in the MOC where owners have replaced their glass tube with a flat screen and have mounted them on the front of the cabinet, inside the cabinet after careful measurement or on a wall or cabinet, turning their entertainment unit into a storage unit. I have seen sliding brackets, flip brackets and fixed brackets.

Jolu provided a link as an excellent start regarding the actual device, but mounting it could be a different story. Search the MOC forum topics for owners who have solved the problem of mounting their flat screens.

I am sure there will be others along offering their solutions.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote