Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2005, 03:44 AM   #1
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Electrical Outlets in the basement

A while back I was reading about adding a 110v outlet in the basement compartment. We have the 3475 Model. One suggestion was to go thru the washer/dryer compartment. But that ment moving the washer/dryer. So, after aquiring a 12v fan for the bedroom and finding no 12v outlet nearby, I traced a route thru the hole that the water pipes come thru from the basement to the bedroom sink. I found that I could connect to the basement light with a wire and connector(fused)from CW. The hole was also large enough to snake a 110v 14gage wire thru it. I ran the wire under and thru the side of the chesterdrawers and pluged it into the 110v outlet on the side of the bedroom. The other end is connected to a multiple plug in the basement. Now I have both 12v for overnite dry camping and 110v for outside radios.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD GMC Crew Cab Diesel

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:33 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I did something similar in our 3670RL (where the main electical panel is mounted on the divider wall between the living area and the basement area). I took the two 12v lights that are mounted on the basement wall and relocated them to the ceiling centered over the doors where they do a much better job of illuminating. I then mounted 110v outlets in the hole where the lights had been. One outlet is wired back to the main panel and is GFI outlet, The other is fed from the kitchen GFI circuit. I also extended this circuit into the front locker. I have not yet added a 12volt outlet in the basement, mostly because I have not yet had a need for one, but it would be easy enough to do. None of this is too difficult in a 3670, but other layouts may not lend themselves to it.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Gonna have to do the same John.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
You don't have to move the washer and dryer out to put a plug outlet in the basement. I did it by drilling a small hole in floor behind the washer. Also if you have the Kenmore stack washer/dryer with that switch that only allows you to use one at a time.... you don't have to move washer and dryer to fix that either.
Don
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote