Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 05:40 AM   #21
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
If you guys keep making changes I am not going to have anything for show and tell.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Harmon, I got ours installed before. I remember you used the small bubbles and it looked good. I already had bought the large bubbles so used that. I went with a triple layer, like you did, and it seems to make a big diference. With the big bubbles I had a little trouble getting the wrap to stay in place while I was putting the window back in its home so took it back out and used a few strips of scotch tape on each layer to hold them in place. It worked well. Ours has only been up a couple of hours so I don't know if it will wrinkle or not. I like the 'character' subterfuge. I'll have to remember that line! See you folks tomorrow evening.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #23
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We put the large bubble wrap between our skylight today. Too soon to tell difference. Besides it is cool today. Don doubled it. What a simple fix!

I took those side curtains off all the windows this weekend, in the living area. I think it looks better. Took off the bottom hardware too and filled the screw holes.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #24
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Dennis just finished doing ours and he tripled it also. Unfortunately, it's sitting in our driveway and it will be awhile before we can check it out but sure do like the looks of it.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The only thing I don't like is when I arise in the morning and am standing at the vanity preparing to erase all the nightime bad things I habitually look out the skylight to see if it's rainy, cloudy, or blue skies. I guess I'll learn to tell sunshine from cloudy.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote