Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Inovative Crate

This is not really a direct improvement to the Monty, But rather a helpful product I found, of all places, in a computer store. It is a plastic crate about 16" cubed, a little larger than a plastic milk crate. It folds up to about 3" thick.

I have seen these handy fold up crates before, but what is different about this one is that it has wheels and a pull-up handle like a wheeled computer case or wheeled luggage. So you open it up, load it up and pull it back to the RV (or the house from the RV), unload it, fold it up, retract the handle an store it away neatly. I found it for $20.00 at Frys' Electronic Store. Go figure.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Okay, so Stiles got a Fujitsu-something-or-other computer thingy AND a foldy-upper box thingy ... just exactly what did Diana get?
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, if the handle is long enough to pull this thing along behind you comfortably it might be a good tote when the propane refill station is within easy walking distance. I have a folding dolly that telescopes like that and just bungee the tank to the dolly. It's home is in my truck's toolbox. And i have a plastic crate for ferrying the propane bottle in the back of the truck to more distant refill stations. Your new thingamabob might be more useful than you realized!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Dianna got a new pair of shoes, a back and neck rub, and the dishes washed. She also gets to load the folding, rolling box. Next time we go to the coffee shop, she gets to play with the WIFI, and do internet like I did today.

Steve the box may not be sturdy enough to take a large or heavy load, but it certainly would handle the empty.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:07 PM   #5
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Lets see a new pair of shoes $50, back and neck rub $25, washing dishes--just something nice to do for her cooking dinner--no charge even exchange. Loading, folding and rolling the box around sounds like a deduction to me. Sounds like she need some bling bling . Sorry just couldn't resist teasing!!
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:13 AM   #6
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We use the foldup crates (without the wheels) all the time. Great for putting things on the tray in the belly.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:47 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I've had a crate like this for several years. I used it a lot when I was giving workshops. Could put the computer, projector and extension cords, etc. and wheel right in to the hotel or school district. You can buy a lid for them also. One thing we did notice, if you overload it, the wheels don't turn well so I'm not sure a full propane tank would work.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote