Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
Galley Floor Damage

We've had our 2008 3400RL for two years now and never had this problem. When I ran out the galley slide it tore a 4" three corner tear in the galley linoleum. D/W says she found small gravel between the linoleum and the particle board under layment. I checked under the galley slide and all the seals/flaps are in place and there are no signs of damage. HELP!!.

deadeyenevermisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I could venture a guess and say the stone was on the kitchen floor and got trapped when slide travelled out? Maybe?
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
...........there was a "small pile of gravel", and we've run that slide numerous times since leaving home on June 4, never driven any gravel roads this year. I can't figure out how it got between the linoleum and the particle board as it up a couple inches offset from the tear.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
I know how upset you are. The same thing happened to us the very first time we opened the slides on our new rig. It turned out that a plastic faucet airator was under the lino. Keystone did an excellent job of fixing it but never really gave any explanation for how it got there. Not that any of that makes you feel better, but maybe it helps to know you are not alone. If you are going to the rally in Goshen, maybe you could get them to fix it. Worth a try anyway.
remhob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I'll bet you could get it fixed at the Rally.

Now, to help you replace it. Our rig is a Johnny Cash Big Sky. Built in '08, spec'd as an '09, has a 2010 front cap graphic and '11 kitchen linoleum and toilet, among other things.

When the Service Center replaced our kitchen linoleum because there were not enough outriggers on the frame, causing the floor to sag on the outside of the I-beam (on both sides of our rig, by the way), which caused a small tear in our existing linoleum, they tore up the old stuff and then laid new and used corner round to hide the edges everywhere except under the stairs where it is just butted up to the old and stapled (can't see it, so who cares?). They also added a plastic piece (can't remember the name, but will try to find it) so that when the slide goes in and out, it rides on this plastic piece which causes the slide to move upwards before settling down at the end - this helps to keep more space between the bottom of the slide and the floor.

Hope this helps.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

We had an ink pen under the kitchen slide about a month after picking ours up from the dealer. We were perplexed as to how it got there and the slide had broken the plastic pen.

A year later we found out what happens to cause anything that is on the floor to go under the galley slide.

I was following my wife on the highway when she went around a wide curve on the interstate and I was in the left lane and she was on the inside lane. The kitchen slide leaned out at the top about 4 to 6 inches.

When we got home I got up on the steps and pushed out at the top of the kitchen slide. While it was not easy to move I could push it out so there was a 4-inch (I had my wife measure it) gap between the bottom of the slide and the floor.

After studying the construction of the unit I decided this is normal because the microwave and freezer portion of the refrigerator are so high above the floor and the slide is not as big as the rest of them.

We now are careful to make sure and sweep the floor before before closing the slide and moving.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #7
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
When we did our inspection of our Montana at the dealer, Camilla noticed a small "scratch" on the kitchen floor in front of the stove. Dealer adjusted the slide and replaced the flooring...been ok since.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
deadeyenevermisses
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9268
We want everyone to know how helpful all the posts have been and we're looking forward to any more input there might be. Has anyone replaced their linoleum with Pergo? Thanks.