Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Problem with fireplace

We've had our rig 11 months now. Bought it new. We have a Dimplex fireplace. I noticed yesterday that the blower was not operating. This morning Len hit the button on the left which the book says is the reset button and it operated. We left the rig for a while and when we came back, turned the unit on again. Once more, no blower. He hit the reset and nothing. Just now, hours later, we turned it back on, when he turned the reset botton, the blower operates. Is this usual?

We bought our rig in NJ. Started fulltiming last week. We are in Lousiana. We went to a local Montana dealer because our front right landing gear will not completely retract. They ordered a new one and it should be in next week. We will talk to them about the fireplace at that time also.

Oops, Len just said the blower just went off again. Obviously it is tripping out somehow.

Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
I had to have component(s) replaced on my previous rig. All warranty work. I believe this is a common problem with these units.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Sounds like the same thing our was doing. Ours was also new. Just call Dimplex they are very good to deal with. The unit gets too hot inside because the air intake holes are too small. they will send you a new vent assembly with bigger holes. It's a very easy job.

Hope this helps, kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
The part that they will send you is a new bottom panel with more vent holes. I replaced mine and have had no problems since.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Thanks so much all of you. We called Dimplex. The part is on back order but they expect to ship sometime in March. We had them send to Lens brother here in Louisiana. We really don't know how long we will be here but we will work something out.

Again, thanks. This group is the GREATEST!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
I had the same problem,dealer called dimplex and we had the new bottom and motor within in 3 day,s. Works great now.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 AM   #7
lcarter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7240
We have a similar problem. It seems that we get very little wind from the blower. The hear just rises out versus blowing out into the living area. How do you get into the working parts?
lcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
lcarter,

In most fireplaces (but I do think probably all) you need to remove the small "round caps" at the side moldings to the left and right of the fireplace. This should expose the screw heads which can be removed. Hopefully after that you can figure out how to remove the rest of any hardware, as necessary.

From this, you can check for blockages, loose parts and examine the electronics for burnt components, and other stuff like that.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #9
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
WHen we called Dimplex, they also emailed us a 17 page manual about the unit. We are not "at home" right now (tending to elderly mother-in-law) or I would look in the manual. Call them and give them your serial number of your unit. I'm sure they can help.