Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
MOC Get-Together in Redding, CA.

We had breakfast with Ray & Pam Howard (RPHOWARD) and discussed a weekend camping trip. We asked a few others if they would like to go and now have 5 Montana’s in our group. We are going to JGW RV Park in Redding, April 24 & 25. JGW is a newer RV park located next to the Sacramento River with spacious sites. We are also planning a pot luck dinner Saturday with Ray cooking one of his great deep-fried turkeys. If any of you are in the Nor Cal area and would like join us for a weekend of eating, story telling, and fun, we will be glad to have you. Let me know so I can make reservations and we can all be in the same area.

nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Darn, would love to be there, but we will still be to far south in April.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
We will be there. We've thought about bringing the kayaks and kayaking down river from Turtle Bay to the campground. I'd like to talk to someone who has done this.

I looked at it on "live maps.com" and it looks like it would be an easy 1/2 day trip.

Any one want to join us?
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Aww....... we have reservations to be camping at Doran Beach in Bodega Bay that weekend. That would have been fun meeting up with other MOCers.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Robbie and Margee, Sorry you can't be there, maybe we could plan another weekend trip for early fall.

Don, How do you carry your kayaks. Do you have a rack on your truck for them or do you have inflatable kayaks?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
I bought a Tulley rack for the truck and added a goal post fixture from the front bumper for when we have the 5er on the back.

Used it several times last year and it works very well.

We will probably bring the kayaks to Redding and will for sure have them for Lake Sis and 7 Feathers.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #7
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Ken and I would love to join your group!!! Please PM me so I can get details about reservations. We look forward to finally meeting fellow MOCers in person!! Thanks, M
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:47 AM   #8
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Jim and I are off to Redding to pick up our new Montana today. We will then stay in this RV park in Redding for a few days for the shake down. This is a really nice RV Park, especially if you can get a spot facing the Sacramento River.

Vicki Gallagher
Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Vicki, Hope you PDI goes well and your unit is trouble free. We also stayed at JGW's a couple of days when we took delivery of ours, it is a nice park.

I have sites along the river reserved for our mini rally. We will see you there in a few weeks.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
What a day!!!!! We had a 2 hour drive to Redding from home, then the PDI which of course takes several hours. So, we hit the final phase - the hitch up and low and behold - no workie..... Toooooo long a story to go into but we are stuck. They need to work on the hitch tomorrow, we cannot tow at all. We have our three dogs and no place to stay for the night ;-(. We asked to be able to stay on their lot in the new rig, but no, insurance will not allow. So we are in a motel a couple of miles away and will go back tomorrow, hopefully for the final, final ...

We ended up at the motel, tired, hungry and with our three doggies in tow. We had off loaded alot of the stuff into the rig already since we needed to hook up the rig to the truck. So here we are with NO dog food and three hungry small dogs and alot of our personal items already transferred. YES, I went and bought them food as well as pizza and wine for us but we have none of our GOOD coffee for the am - oh well....

We get into our room and hubby looks at me and says - So I guess this is another of our ADVENTURES???

I keep telling him that it will be another thing for us to talk about when we are sitting in our rocking chairs in the rest home and say "do you remember when....."

Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #11
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Sorry to hear that your Montana is not hooked up, but I must say when I was dealing with Cousin Gary's service department they were top notch and we hope that you get the same type of service we always got from them. Gotta love the adventures though!!!
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #12
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Just part of the "RV experience". When we got our first Montana, it took two days to get the hitch to release. We laugh about it now, but at the time we could not see anything humorous. Hopefully your experience will be like you said, a fond memory some day.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Well the adventure continues....our parts will not be here till tomorrow so we will stay in the motel one more night. Good news tho is that we signed up for the extended warranty on the new rig yesterday and it covers us for travel expenses for just this type situation for $200 per day (Up to 3 days). Which means we have aleady recouped $400 in our costs on the coverage!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #14
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
OK so inquireing minds would like to know when do people plan to arrive and any work on the potluck dinner Sat night.

We plan to leave Chico around 1pm on Friday.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Would love to be with y'all, but we have other commitments that weekend. If those prior plans fall through we may at least get a chance to drop in for a visit, otherwise we'll catch up at the Lake Siskiyou rally.

Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Don & Claudia, We would be glad to have you come by if you can.

Don Kidd, We will probably leave between 11:00 and 12:0 Friday.

Ray is cooking a turkey for the pot-luck, I want to cook a dessert in a Dutch Oven and Joy will make a Frog-Eye salad. I don't know what others have planned, if you have something special you want to bring, let us know.

Another Don
Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
We will bring a big ol tosted green salad and dinner rolls. How many are we planning on?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #18
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Hi Guys:

Jim and I are sitting having a glass of wine in our new Montana at JGW RV Park and looking at the Sacramento river. We got here late yesterday after waiting 2 days for the parts for our hitch which did not arrive, so the folks at Cousin Gary's towed us here and set us up till it does (most likely tomorrow). Last night was our first on our new rig - it is awesome and we are so happy. Today we spent setting everything up and working out the kinks. A couple of problems but pretty minor. The folks at Cousin Gary's service department have been pretty awesome and done anything they could to keep us happy while waiting for the part.

For the get together Jim and I will bring baked Brie. See everyone in a couple of weeks.

Vicki Gallagher