Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Stay away from Blue Parrot,Lady Lake FL.

Had a reservation for 21 days here because I couldn't get in anywhere else.They had a stick no refund policy and I found out why.They would be refunding money to anybody who would stay any length of time.I won't go into the details,it would be a long post.I left after 10 days and am disputing the charge with my credit card now.They are also a member of Good Sam,I will be contacting them also.

garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Why did you have to leave after 10 days?
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Humm. We stayed there in late November for 5 days visiting friends in Lady lake on our way down here to Mouse Moubtain Rv park in Davenport.Fl
We paid 114.40 with cable service (8.00) We had a spot in back of the office bldg near a small stage.Full hookups..don't remember if it was 30 or 50 amp service..Had no problems.. a average park.Would stay there again. Wonder what changed....???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
What happened was they parked us in the letter sites which a overflow area within 35 ft. of the water treatment pond which runs 24 hrs a day,so much for quiet time required by the park.If i wanted cable I was told to call the cable company.As far as there wi-fi they said the company removed it some time ago but would not tell when or why.They had there Internet service in the office area with no privacy while trying to conduct personal matters.I asked to be moved immediately but they said there where no sites available then asked to put on a waiting list when one became available saw campers come and go in the area.The site they gave me was for a short time only not 21 days.When talking to the management they were very unfriedly.It became apparent they had there money and take it or leave.We informed them we could ot camp this any longer and we were leaving giving them the chance to rent this spot for someone else who didn't mind listening to large motors run 24 hrs aday.
We were given no consideration with the situation they put us in and I feel we were taking advantage of because of there no refund policy.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sadly, that no refund policy is found in many areas where we go to get warm and see some sun. Quite prevalent here in the RGV too.

Try listening to construction on both sides of your unit from 6 AM till midnight for weeks on end. Hammers, air compressors, and be still my heart, our all time favorite, the large earth moving equipment with the back up beepers.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. With any luck, that campground will go out of business and none of the rest of us will have to put up with that silliness.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will remember not to stay there on the way back....Sounds like things changed in a very short time.They did say that it was changing ownership??
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
We've been there for their annual craft show. It's an older park with small sites and alot of park model homes. If you are looking for a good place in that area check out out the Olde Mill Stream in Umatilla Fl.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote