Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
One not so good and one that is Worse

Hi Gang, We have been on the road since May 18th and this is what I think of these two RV parks.

1. Angle Lake RV Park Wells Nevada. This park is right next to I80 with lots of truck noise, it does have free WIFI that was very good and cable TV. The landscaping is in very bad shape. I give this park a 5, OH!! and behind this park is the train tracks, it is OK for a over night stay.

2. whiskey Flats RV Park, Hawthorne Nevada. While the park its self is OK and very clean, I was turned off by the manager, when we arrived he was so busy playing cards on the computer that he would not even talk to me. when Walt came inside he talked so loud and was very hateful. This park has 3 different prices depending on what you wanted to park on(Gravel or Cement) and if you have more that 2 dogs you have to pay more, if you want cable TV you pay more. How ever the WIFI is free and is a fast connection. The attitude of this manager made us wish that we had only paid for one night. I give this park a 8 and will never stay here again.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda and Walt, two in a row! I sure hope the next one is a good one!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Linda,

I'll be staying there in June for the Nevada fire conference. It will be interesting to see how they treat me. I was going to take Sharon and the dogs, but I think it's going to be way to warm for either. I'll remember to take my Dish dish, but won't need to bother with the Internet dish.

Thanks for the info.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Half a mile, maybe a mile, north of Angel Lake RV Park is Mountain Shadows RV Park. West side of the road on highway 223 (also known as Business I-80). Fast free wifi and good catv, full hookups. We stayed a week and spent $125 for the week. It's a quiet park with excellent management. Not the fanciest but very decent. We'd go there again if we had reason to go to Wells. They discount Good Sam on the daily rate.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Linda,
Linda,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Whiskey Flats. We stayed there the latter part of April and had a good experience. I don't believe we asked for cable since we were there only one night, but I believe we did get good TV reception. We have been charged for cable at other parks, however. The man who was at the desk was very cordial and helpful and gave us his full attention. Don't have any pets so can't address that. Thought the sites were good though - plenty of room, but we weren't aware there was a different charge for the type of site.

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Good Morning All!!

Well it is a brand new day and I feel better this morning about this park that we are in, as I said before it is a very clean park and maybe he had had a bad day so I will change my rating to an 8 sometimes I kind of fly off the handle if I get mad.LOL,LOL. We will be leaving here early in the morning and be back in Amargosa Valley by tomorrow afternoon.

Steve, we did find that one but only after we had paid for a week at the Angle lake park, The hookups are real bad there, The sewer is so far away from the other hookups that we had to use a very long hose. The rates at the angle lake park for a week was $94.and change and we did get our Good Sam discount.

Sunshine, If you get the cable it is the highest price cause all cable hookups are at the cement pads and if you just want the cement pad with out the cable it is a little cheaper,Then you have the gravel sites that are back ins and they are the cheapest.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Linda,

Good to hear the new day is a better one. We did have a concrete pad, no cable, as our bill was only $20.75 or something like that. Will keep your info in mind about the other park - we may be going that way next spring and might need to try the park Steve mentioned.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Creekwood farm rv park is in high talk in this member ship but they don't have quite times and the tent campers come in on frday nite and stay 2 nites and are gone but the week long and longer put up with this ,, this is the 1st and last time for us ,, we like blacktop rd so no dust and easer to ride bikes and a 10;00pm quite time
john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:46 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
John,
as you will remember we were in Creekwood just a couple of weeks ago. The thing I didn't like was the lack of parking for the tow vehicle. It required parallel parking with barely enough room. It was about the worst I have ever experienced. Otherwise it was a nice park and we enjoyed the stay.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #10
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Prariepoodle,

How does your rating system work? Is 8 good or bad?...my guess is that the higher the number the worse it is???
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 AM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
simonsrf, 0 being the worst and 10 the best is how I rate the parks that we stay in.

Also let me say that I was on WIFI on Sat. morning just before we left, I shut down like you are suppose to, we then traveled the 200 miles home. I used my desktop to post this thread, then I set up the laptop to do some clean up work on it and I could not log in at all. I searched and searched trying to find out what was wrong. Well to make a long story short I had to reinstall my OS and download everything that I had before. When I got my antivirus downloaded and it was running it found 6 trojan horses and two virus's that had crashed my laptop. I still do not know if I have it right so it will be going to a Computer Doc. to check it out. Now I do not know if the WIFI did this but be careful if you stop there.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, wifi won't do that. It's what you download (including opened emails) and what web pages you visit that gets you into trouble, regardless of connection method. If you don't already have some antispyware software running I'd highly recommend you consider getting some. There are several good ones. You apparently already have antivirus so you're set there.

I'm sorry you had to go to drastic measures to recover. Frustrating, isn't it.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:I give this park a 8 and will never stay here again.
Surprised that this park got such a high rating. Usually when the management is bad, the park is bad. Sounds like you found the exception to that rule. Wonder when that guy is off-duty?... We will be travelling through Nevada in the future, every little rating makes life nicer...Thanks.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote