Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
Albuquerque NM - American RV Park

A quick heads up.

The park itself is nice for this area. I would not leave my wife and son at most of the parks here, not while I am away working. The problem is with the management and some of the workers. They have a very bad attitude towards the customer. We confirmed it wasnt just "us" after talking with our neighbors and other RVers. We have been here a month and are leaving for another park as soon as our site fee is used up. I have very little patience when dealing with people who have a superiority complex.

Sorry I didnt have good news, I hope this saves someone some hassle and frustration.

Mike

Mike-n-Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mike, You are not alone. I left a descriptive letter for the owner about Two month's ago about the snotty older lady at the desk. I love the park there, hate the management.
We need to contact Woodalls and register a complaint. Let me know if you are in agreement.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Thanks for the info folks. I detest the type of attitude you have described. You wonder how they stay in business. But I'd rather stay any place but a place that management has such a negative approach. I'll find a place to boon dock first.

Thanks for letting us know.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
HamRad, you are very welcome. The managment has been here for a year, I get the impression the owners dont care. Odd isnt it!?

Ozz, yes I agree. No one deserves to be treated like a bum begging for a quarter when they are paying premium prices for an RV space. Im sure these people have tarnished alot of vacations with there crappy attitudes. No need for that.

Mike
Old 12-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
It is a shame to have such a negative report about a local park. Do these people not know what "CUSTOMER SERVICE" means? Sometimes I wonder! What park are you moving too? I am not fond of those parks being clear on the west side - same with Camping World! Wish I knew of a good local park for you all. How long are you to be in the area?

Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Ragdoll: I just emailed you and then saw this post. Shame that management doesn't realize the power of the Internet; used to be bad service got told to 15 to 20 people; now it is literally thousands at a time.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
We have stayed there several times, just one night, though, and always had a positive experience. Maybe it's just the one clerk who is a grouch?
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
ragdoll - The plan right now is to move right next door to High Desert RV Park. This is where we have been buying our propane due to the terrible attitude from the only two people who are authorized to fill tanks at American RV, and there high prices.

Dealing with the Management and workers at High Desert has been a very good experience. Granted High Desert RV is not landscaped as nicely as American RV, the sites are bigger and the customer service is very good.

If yo have any suggestions for this area I would love to have them. Work will have us moving to Santa Fe in a month or two.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Be sure to go to Old Town and walk around Christmas Eve, it is very lovely, shops are open and have treats. Avoid the driving lumanria (not sure I spelled that right) through country club area if in a hurry - there is a ton of traffic. Those are 2 things coming up and I am sure you have heard about the river of lights. Too cold now to take in the cliff dwelling out by Gallup. Tram if you don't mind heights.

Bigger sites and customer service is a big plus - sounds like a good move. I hope these winds aren't blowing you around too much.

Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:33 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-n-Jen

ragdoll - The plan right now is to move right next door to High Desert RV Park. This is where we have been buying our propane due to the terrible attitude from the only two people who are authorized to fill tanks at American RV, and there high prices.

Dealing with the Management and workers at High Desert has been a very good experience. Granted High Desert RV is not landscaped as nicely as American RV, the sites are bigger and the customer service is very good.

If yo have any suggestions for this area I would love to have them. Work will have us moving to Santa Fe in a month or two.

Thanks,
Mike
I have to laugh, as Sue was kidding me about the girl flirting with me over there when we got Propane, she had just got back from taking her mom to Ireland, or somewhere, we were talking about that. She was friendly.....and good looking.....Sue doesn't miss much.
It is a nice park, and a little closer to town. When we were in the area, there were some older kids with wheeled ski's that were humping up that long hill, then flying down the mile or two, wow, that must have been fun. Not the Route 66 hill, the one to the South.
Mike, have a good stay there, I understand you are working there, how long a stay? If you have your bikes, go to the trail next to the Rio Grand, 18 miles of fun!
Merry Christmas. Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:36 AM   #11
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
The River of Lights is impressive. We checked it out last Saturday, very nice. Were looking forward to riding the Tram that looks like the views must be awsome. I might even look down

Thanks Lorraine
Mike
Old 12-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #12
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
Ozz yes she is friendly and helpful. A very nice change

Skiing down that hill, wow im going to pay more attention to how steep it is next time down. That must have been a blast. We just started fulltiming so we dont have our bikes with us. We thought we would be better off keeping things simple till we got the basics down. Thank you for the biking tip!

Have a great day!
Mike