Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Day Dreamer by Cedar Creek??

I am curious if anyone has really spent some time looking at the new Day Dreamer by Cedar Creek? I saw one the week before last in my campground and was very impressed. After looking through the brochure online, I am going to take a trip out to the dealership and get a really good look. The interior is well done w/ pleanty of storage and great features. Of course anyone who knows me, knows I am a sucker for "full body paint" and that Day Dreamer has it. They will even paint the coach to match your tow vehicle if you choose. While heavier than a Montana, I still want to get a good look around one, even if that means going to a 1 ton or even a 4500 Kodiak. I have said it before, and I am going to say it again. Keystone I wish you would have kept the Cambridge, or you might want to start thinking about what you are going to put on the market to compete with rigs like this Day Dreamer.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave,
Are you jumping ship?
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
I am not really sure what I am doing these days! =) Just looking, er thinking....
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
blasphemy, but I have to say there are beauties out there. sk
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dave,

SHAME on you! You'll miss us, if you kick us to the curb!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
mac,
Never fear! I am not going anywhere.... Just looking!!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Be careful, "campers" are like new cars, don't look unless you're ready to buy! At least that's how I am, just the smell of a new car or new trailer.

Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We seen the Day Dreamer about a year ago. It has some very nice features ..but if you look closer there are some outside detailing that are shotty. Of course this one might have been pushed off the line fast for the show too. Let us know what you think when you look at one.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well thank goodness my coach still smells and looks new(needs a bath though)!! Its that darn Kodiak 4500 that continues to hold my attention... =)
Old 07-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
I have to agree the 4500 is awesome, but to get the luxuries that we get in our pickups, will kill your wallet. But they are sweet. You should check out the freightliners, then you could get a CAT. 450, 500 horse, oh baby! sk
Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
sk,
I found a very well packaged Freightliner M2 crew cab set up as a rv hauler. OMG!! Now that is a tow rig... Check out this link to a dealership that sells Kodiaks, scroll down on the left side to the "Dixie" link. The white one is the one that I am interested in. The price that is posted is not the actual "final" price, there is room to barter.

www.haulerking.com
Old 07-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
one word, SWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
One word, Swwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I thought you might enjoy that!! And they sure beat the price of the Freightliner M2.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #15
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sure glad you guys have the money to consider those options. Go for it if they tickle your fancy. We who love our Montanas have never said they were the best RV on the market. We have said and still say they are the best bang for the buck. If you got the scratch to go uphill, and got the itch that keeps you jumpin', go for it. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 AM   #16
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Gotta say, that is ONE HECK OF A TRUCK!!

And, it has really really nice rear view mirrors on the doors! (don't like our mirrors on Big Butt, one of only 2 things we don't like bout her)

WOW!!

What kind of warranty (miles) do they give on that beaut??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
geeese Dave, You would really have to park way out in the boonies with that when you went to the grocery store and I don't see any room for our ladder. And what about going through the car wash? Nah, I'll keep our 350 and keep the dollars for gas money.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #18
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Guess I better clear things up, I am not planning on going to another coach at this time. I was just looking for some information and opinions on the Day Dreamer from those who have looked into them. I did not even know of the Day Dreamer until there was one parked in my rv park. I am just one of those guys who likes to gather as much information as possible when it comes to rv's, boats, and trucks. While I was sad to hear that Keystone chose to discontinue the Cambridge, I am happy to see many of those options are showing up in the new Montana's. I really like the features and materials used on the Cambridge, it would probably have been my next coach. I have been very happy with my Montana and the service it has provided over the past 3 summers. The only thing I wish Keystone would do is use "better/upgraded" electronics and have a "full body paint option" on the Montana. Now as for the Kodiak 4500, the reason I am looking at that truck is I am considering getting into the transport business. The Kodiak would provide me more "Options" as far as loads go, and I liked the idea of having a bed in the back seat to allow for rest stops and layovers. Of course the more towing capacity the bigger the coach/trailer one can haul. And in the transport business the more one hauls, the more $$$$ one brings in. I am looking at the Kodiak from a investment/business standpoint.

Carol,
Here is the link that will answer your question about warranty
http://www.chevrolet.com/mediumduty/kodiak/warranty/
The mirrors are AMAZING on the Kodiak. I too HATE the mirrors on my Silverado.

Helen,
You are correct, parking is out in the sticks for a truck of that size. Since I already park out there, it would not be a problem for me. I have talked with a few drivers who use the Kodiak as their own personal tow vehicle for fulltiming and the average mileage they all seem to get is 11 mpg. I average 12/14 mpg towing the Monty w/ my truck, so it is not too far off par. Dont forget the 80 gal tank it has under the bed and the 150 gal aux. tank it has against the cab. (230x11= 2,530 miles!) This truck would not do well as a site seeing truck (our 2500HD and 3500 get their fuel mileage back into the 20/22 mpg range while not towing.) I plan on using the Kodiak as a hauler, the numbers that are most important to me are the "towing" mpg's. I never thought about it but your right, there is no room for a ladder.

I hope that my request for information about another brand of coach has not upset anyone here, or implied that the Montana is not a quality coach. Remember, I also own a Montana. =)

Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #19
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
One needs to look to keep current, plus gives us ideas of what we can do to our own rigs given time (and $$$). Who knows, maybe Keystone is looking at a new High End unit again - would be nice for those who do want to upgrade!!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #20
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Dave,
The Day Dreamer is sweet. I have looked at them but they are expensive, expensive. The one I looked at had all options even gen set was I think about 72K, good bit more than my Monty. I loved the paint job just as you said it was very nicely done and really stood out. I liked the interior as well full wood cabinets not wrapped wood that tears but real wood. The units are very nice.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote