Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2023, 09:58 AM   #1
Lhinkle114
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25520
Roadside tire warranty recommendations

Does anybody have any recall recommendations for a roadside assistance policy that covers RV tires? We have an extended homeowners insurance through National Wharehouse, but at the time of signing, we did not request the tire coverage and now we feel we need it. So does anybody have any recommendations that they have used or has work for them?

Thank you in advance for all your help all

Lhinkle114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 12:53 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
My rig is covered by Geico including roadside assistance which will change a tire if needed.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:23 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I had Coach-net ERS and it had tire and wheel coverage. Never had to use it though.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 04:24 AM   #4
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I have Good Sam extended warranty and tire protection. They actually paid out in the second year of ownership due to tires wearing out on bad axle. I finally did get the axle replaced by Dexter and CW.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:43 AM   #5
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
My rig is covered by Geico including roadside assistance which will change a tire if needed.
Same here, but they don't come prepared, so carry a bottle jack and the correct size wrench, and make sure your spare is good.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:02 AM   #6
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Maybe I'm confused about the question?
The roadside coverage simply helps you in the event you require assistance on the roadside. It could be flat tire, out of gas, locked out of your car, etc. Typically, this does not cover the price to replace a tire, purchase gas or any other repair/replacement part service.
Tire warranty or road hazard warranty would cover (or at least partically cover) the price to replace a tire if needed. This is typically for a short period of time, say 3 years or less and is sometimes pro-rated after the first year of service of the tire.
I have roadside assistance both through State Farm as part of my insurance policy, and through Good Sam as part of my extended warranty plan.
I also have a tire warranty through Good Sam for the tires on my fiver that covers replacement of the tires in the event they fail.
Our TV tires are covered by a road hazard warranty through Good Year which I purchased at the time I bought the tires. The cover, and have covered, complete replacement of the TV tires should anything puncture or damage the tire such that it cannot be safely repaired.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:43 PM   #7
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
We got burned badly last year by bad Sam roadside warranty so I cannot recommend any of their products anymore. We have State Farm for towing and roadside, included in our policy and they are great.
For specifically tires, I don’t use one. Had one for some time and tried to use it once and had to carry a 100# ruined tire (from our Mobile Suites) about 1200 miles to get it back home to use the warranty. Just wasn’t worth it to me.
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:40 PM   #8
Lhinkle114
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25520
Thank you that’s more or less what I was thinking. Most tire warranty’s are not worth it
Lhinkle114 is offline   Reply With Quote