Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 02:14 PM   #21
Jim Homer
Established Member

M.O.C. #22634
Best of luck in future endeavours.

Jim Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #22
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Bill, thanks for letting us know. Glad you are sticking around for a while. You have to much good advice left in ya!
Wife and I have been full timing for 11 years now. Presently parked in Trenton ME looking at the ocean at low tide.
Hope that you and yours stay safe, happy and healthy!
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:36 PM   #23
Schautzie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6179
Wishing you the best in this next chapter of life!!!

Schautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:54 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We are getting very close to that point.
We started with tent and backpack and worked our way to the 13 3402.We have been RVing for well over 30 years. We are over 80 and wife over 70 so it is close to calling it a day. We purchased a lot in Florida to stay out of the cold weather. This year maybe next and we are done. I think we will keep the Montana and put it on our Florida lot.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #25
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Good luck Bill and thanks for your posts and advice.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #26
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
time has arrived

BB TX; Due to hubbys health, we had to trade our Montana for a Class C. Hubby couldn't get up and down all the steps in the Montana; the Class C has 3. I wanted so bad to attend the rally last year ('20) but it was cancelled and now we no longer have a Montana. I learned so much from MOC, I still read the posts to learn things on so many subjects. I have a file on my computer called RV tips mostly from MOC posts. I'm still reading MOC forums, so informative. Happy Trails Bill.
Toad: 2017 Jeep Wrangler
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #27
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bill, thanks for all you've added to the Forum in the way of advice and suggestions over the years on here. Stick around however, because those with your knowledge of the Montana world are far and few between. Best of luck in the future and hope you'll jump in here and give us some knowledge in the future also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #28
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Life has a way of getting in the way of plans. Sad day, but new beginning. We have decided to sell our Montana. Have had it out one night this year just to make sure everything worked. None last year. And only 3 nights the year before. Paying about $175/month for storage and not using it is too much to keep it.

Maybe get something smaller some day. But probably just hotel stays when we get to travel at all. Still got 500,000 airline miles to use up from my working days.

For anyone planning to sell, I listed it on Facebook marketplace. Got 5 people within 3 days wanting to see it. Showed it to the first today and looks like they will buy without questioning the price. Probably should have listed it as “highest bidder”.

Now to sell the truck. Unfortunately, while this is a great time to sell it as demand and prices are up, it is a terrible time to try to buy a smaller truck.

Anyway, been a great ride. Didn’t get a chance to meet many of you in person, but I sure learned a lot from you. A newbie to a somewhat seasoned veteran in 14 yrs. Here’s wishing nothing but the best to everyone in all your future travels. I will encourage the new owner to join up with MOC.
We are in the waning days of our full timing RV travels and will be settling back into a actual house and just doing road trips in the future. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you ask for your unit and how much did you get? What year make model was it? We have a 2019 373RD and plan on using FB marketplace. Just trying to figure out a good price point to be at. Thanks
Sdexte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:32 PM   #29
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdexte View Post
………….. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you ask for your unit and how much did you get? What year make model was it? We have a 2019 373RD and plan on using FB marketplace. Just trying to figure out a good price point to be at. Thanks
Mine was a 2007 bought new in 2007 for ~$39,000. Looked at nada.com and their value was $17,500 for “clean retail”. That was up a couple thousand from a year ago. Googled my model and year and nationwide asking prices were anywhere from under $15,000 to outrageous $30,000 plus! I settled on the nada value and had a commitment to buy in two days for that price. And had 20 other seemingly serious inquiries before I could post it as sold. So probably could have got a couple thousand or more. But i was happy with the quick sale, so no complaints.

I only listed it on Facebook Marketplace for my city, rather than the general Facebook Marketplace, to keep potential buyers local for ease of showing.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #30
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will hang around as long as you will tolerate me.

Started as a kid in the 50s with the family, sleeping on surplus army cots under the stars near whatever hole of water might have a fish in it. Continued after getting married going camping with wife’s family. Women and kids sleeping in a tent and men still outside under the stars. Later borrowed a tent trailer from a friend a couple times as our kids got older. Then a long break until we bought the Monte. Sorta one extreme to another. Enjoyed it all, but the 5er with a king size bed and A/C and heat suited us better as we aged.

Have been a lot of places and seen a lot of beautiful and interesting parts of our great country. And Canada. But still more we want to see if we can manage it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote