Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Elk City State Park

Has several sites (this Park is a State park At Independence KS by the way), that are big nice pull thru's.. Also, if you happen to be in the area (US 75 and 160 aare the main intersectors) around the last week of October, they have the States Largest Fall festival there called Neewollah...... Hold it up to a mirrowr, you'll get it.
I used to Ranger there and have seen some truly massive units fit nicely into those spaces. Had a few for whom I had to trim tree braches for awning or roof clearance, but never had one come in we couldn't find room for. Cedar Bluff out here in the west part of the state also has a couple new campgrounds with 50 amp, big roomy back in and pull through sites... most of the weekenders show up with a 5er, three vehicles, a boat, a rubber inflatable... kitchen sink etc.

Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the posting. Sounds like a great place for 5ers. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:27 AM   #3
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
I will try to... If I don't know the answer about any of the KS state Parks personally, I will find it out. We are trying all the time to be able to cater to "big Rig's" needs.. Most areas have 50 amp in at least one newer (bigger) campground. The new areas have been laid out to accomodate turning radius as well. I work with good people!
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree with you that's a very nice park. We've not stayed there but drove through it when I fished the lake one time. Very pretty area of the state, too. Kansas has some very nice state parks. Most all have electric and water, 30amp with some having some 50amp. A few have sewer sites but those are hard to find. They all have dump stations from what I've seen.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote