Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
COE

Where can I find a listing of COE campgrounds?

Thanks

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Guess I'm dumb. What does COE stnd for.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Corp of Engineer. Excellent website http://www.reserveusa.com/ Enjoy! Another site that includes some state, federal and private campgrounds as well as COE http://www.reserveamerica.com/
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Thanks jrgwdenner
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Here is a website that goes by state. You can then click on which COE campground you are intested in and it will give you information as to what it provides. It has a link to the site for reservations. Please note, not all recreation areas have camping, and some are for primitive camping. But there are many that do accomidate very large rigs and they are all on bodies of water.

http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/camping.cfm
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
That is the web sight that we used. We put in our name and it took about two weeks for one of the Rangers to respond. With a little bit of correspondence, the Good Lord willing, we will be spending the summer in Massachusets. A place called "West Hill Dam". Up by Uxbridge, Ma. 70 miles west of Boston and 40 miles north of Providence, R.I. Have never been to the little NE States but we are really looking forward to it.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I don't think there is camping at West Hill Dam. Maybe I'm missing something here. If you look on the website nothing is noted for camping. It appears to be a day-use park. There are'nt many COE parks in the Northeast, but there are a few I believe. Have never stayed at any. Wherever, you decide to go, you might want to make reservations, as the season is short and many places do book up. Salisbury State Park in Massachsetts is a nice park and close to Boston, Glouster, New Hampshire coast and Maine coast. We like to stay there and make day trips to other areas. It is on the ocean with only a parking lot dividing the campground from the beach. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/northeast/salb.htm
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
There is a COE Campground book, usually available at CW. They include phone numbers for each CG.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #9
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
West Hill Dam is a day-use only park. It will be our first experience at workamping. We wanted to see the little states and this seemed to be the best for us. We work 3 days and off 4 days, the next week is work 4 days and off 3 days. Gives us a chance to explore the NE. If any of you are in the area during the months of June and July, Stop by and visit. An Information or good advise is greatly appreciated.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That sounds like a wonderful opportunity, deerrahn. Be sure to keep us informed.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:56 AM   #11
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Can the Golden Age Passport be used at COE Parks? The COE website states that one can purchase an annual pass at 50% off. We have not used our Passport yet but I thought that our Passport covered all governmental sites, including campgrounds. Thanks in advance - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:03 AM   #12
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
I answered my own question by reading the back of my card - what a concept. Read the instructions.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Jim, that card is more valuable than we ever realized. Yesterday when we went through Carlsbad Caverns, the self-guided tour was FREE! The guided tour was half price ($4.00 instead of $8.00) but each person had to have their own card for this special event. Usually entrance fees cover the spouse and the campground site is covered for whomever is staying there. We even took a drive through the short loop of the Badlands for FREE. I love FREE! We've got a reservation at the COE park near our granddaughters in Fort Worth for Memorial Day weekend. We reserved a site with a screened room for $15.00 per night. Water and electricity and free WiFI, thanks to our aircard!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 AM   #14
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Judy - It sure will be nice. We were to travel to TX and AZ by now but I have a date with a doctor in a couple of weeks. As soon as he is done with me, we will take off and probably head south instead of sw. We will then see how much we can use our card. I passed the age long ago but just heard about this card recently and got one. Thanks again for the info - Jim
Old 01-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You're welcome, Jim. Hope all goes well and you can get on the road soon. Wherever you go, it will be fun.