Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2022, 07:58 AM   #21
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
I don't think the past three years caused more build issues. I've had many RVs, and their build quality sucked before, too. I have the skills and can fix most anything, but I piss and moan the whole time while I'm fixing errors.

phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #22
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
If you believe all of the RV complaint sites for all of the brands over all of these many years then you realize that anyone can be the victim of a problem RV. For the most part…pre covid…the odds were against it and most buyers got a decent unit while some ended up with multiple problems. It’s not a new story and over the years, Keystone (Montana in particular) had a higher percentage of successes than the other brands. Since covid all bets are off and the percentage of problem trailers has gone up significantly. It’s definitely a buyer-beware market. And while it always sucks to be one who ended up with a problem trailer it’s always been a possibility. We all roll the dice, buy our rigs, do a thorough PDI, and hope for the best. A good dealer makes a world of difference.

Since covid it’s still possible to end up with a good trailer but the odds are much higher of getting a problem. The warnings are out there and plentiful. Any research at all should make any potential buyer think twice. If you do buy you assume the higher risk. I feel badly for anyone who spends all of that inflated price and ends up with big problems. It sucks. But you can’t say you weren’t warned. I hope you have a very good dealer.

All true! I've learned that it's better to find a solution then complain about it. And I've said it 100 times. It's all about the dealership and the relationship you make with them. They know me so well every time I walk in they greet me by name and ask me why I'm late to work.

As far as covid/pre-covid. I had a 2018 cougar that had more problems then I can count. It took me 4 years to get it to par. Then I sold it to upgrade. So far I've been very happy with the 2022 Monty! Much less issues and the issues that it does have my dealership has fixed.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:29 PM   #23
ScaryPapa
Established Member

M.O.C. #30351
We just picked up our new 2022 Montana last Wednesday. When it arrived at the dealer I gave them a three page checklist to go thru. I agree with what is being said here but so far everything works in our RV. The quality issues are mostly cosmetic, like nailgun pressure too high on trim, raw wood edges not being sanded and a few fit issues on cabinets and doors. I had the dealer fix some of these issues. I am going to fix the rest. We have a good relationship with our dealer since this is our second RV thru them. There is a tiny flaw in the material on the recliners. Our dealer is talking to Keystone about that.

My biggest issues currently are 1) tv's aren't wifi capable; 2) the wifi equipment is only 4G capable for mobile; and 3) we didn't get disc brakes due to supply issues. Ultimately I will likely replace them all. When you pay this much these are not things to be expected.

Our maiden trip is in two weeks. I will update after that.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:24 AM   #24
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Last weekend we went to the Dealer we purchased out 2015 Montana 3611rl legacy..I have said it many times we are not happy with the constant issues. Mostly slide outs.. The place we bought ours from is now Camping World. I told them Im looking for a used that is not made by Thor. We found a 2017 Mobile Suites 40kssb4.. We thought Mobile Suites was a very high quality Coach.. The thing weighs 17000 lbs empty.. All Wood inside.. However, outside was a Cable driven slide for the bedroom and the Hydraulic slide for the larger one.. Hmmm.. 'looks Familiar"... Come to find out, Thor took over DRV Mobile suites in 2015.. Oh well... We passed..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:02 AM   #25
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
I'm surprised there are no Keystone or Montana reps on this site.........which is sorely needed. If they don't read about all these problems, nothing will ever get resolved. Very sorry to read about people getting brand new rigs that would not pass a 3rd graders inspection.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:43 AM   #26
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Robert,

There is a least one MT employee on the forum that helps out folks from time to time. I assume he also passes info into the company. That said the primary purpose of the forum is to share info between owners.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #27
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
I'm surprised there are no Keystone or Montana reps on this site.........which is sorely needed. If they don't read about all these problems, nothing will ever get resolved. Very sorry to read about people getting brand new rigs that would not pass a 3rd graders inspection.
As AZ stated there are Montana reps on this site. One helped me with a situation. They have to pick their battles and unfortunately cant read every post or help every customer but I'm sure they pass on our complaints and do their best to correct the problems.