Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2022, 06:13 AM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brown View Post
We must be the exception to all this. We setup the Tailgater using the satellite finder app, connect the coax to the port in the convenience bay and we are up and running. We have not had any issues. We do call Dish and have them reset the receiver if we have changed zip codes, but that's about it.

This is the way it works for me. The exception is I done call Dish I don’t turn my receiver off.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:58 AM   #22
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
I like your solution Montana Man, I've thought of doing the same thing but was concerned about the outdoor port damaging the slide seal when extending/retracting the slide.

My unit has an outdoor TV in a slide and the big indoor TV in the living room is on the interior side of that slide out. We rarely ever use the TV in the bedroom. I think I'll do the same to mine when time permits.

I have Dish Network in my home (no cable available) and I can turn the Wally receiver on and off as often as I like and it adds $7 per month to my bill every month it's activated. That on face value is very reasonable, but when you compare to what I pay per month for the system in my home, it's very expensive.

The portable dishes with dual outputs is somewhat misleading and misunderstood; Dish has 3 satellites in the eastern arc, and 3 in the western arc. All of the satellites have multiple transponders. The larger dishes used in homes can pick up all 3 satellites in your viewing area; the small portable dishes can only pick up 1 satellite. To use both outputs, both receivers have to be tuned to a channel available on the same satellite. The DC power over the coax is to drive the locator in the dish.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:40 PM   #23
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Just installed Dish. Did not work thru the pre-wired circuit. I was able to run a cable from the receiver thru a cabinet to the exterior wall where I installed an exterior-rated outlet.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:23 PM   #24
Happy Days J & K

M.O.C. #33644
How to fix Dish Wally

How to fix your Dish Wally. After calling Dish and Winegaud, they said to run a separate coaxial cable from the Wally to the receiver. All because of the coaxial connector’s in my 2023 trailer. I found that Winegaud and Dish make a booster. Winegaud name there booster, Power Inserter Replacement PI-GM60. It will cost about $150 with shipping, Dish booster is around $40. I bought the winegaud and it works great. The Winegaud instructions are very easy to set up, and for the folks that have a portable dish or Direct tv and G1,G2 you can use a coaxial cable 125 feet long. After reconnecting the installed coaxial cable in the trailer I have a signal strength of 88. The Winegaud also checks the receiver and Dish Wally and coaxial cables.
Happy Days J & K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:37 PM   #25
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
What is the signal booster from Dish called? I just scrolled thru several pages of things for sale at Dish Outdoors and I did not see a $40 booster. I would like like to look at the booster.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:26 PM   #26
Happy Days J & K

M.O.C. #33644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
What is the signal booster from Dish called? I just scrolled thru several pages of things for sale at Dish Outdoors and I did not see a $40 booster. I would like like to look at the booster.
You can find it on Amazon. Dish Network DPP44 Power Inserter. Cost about $35 dollars. Good luck!
Happy Days J & K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 07:05 PM   #27
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Days J & K View Post
You can find it on Amazon. Dish Network DPP44 Power Inserter. Cost about $35 dollars. Good luck!
I have rigged up a direct coax connection from my Dish Tailgater to the back of my Wally box. The booster from Amazon does not appear to help with the “many splitters” issue…re: this review from Amazon…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1711.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	16057  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote