Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #21
Bfisher003
Established Member

M.O.C. #23201
Funny you mention this because our 2019 Montana 3121RL 20th Anniversary Edition came with a King size Denver Mattress and we took the 4” pillow top topper we had in our Bullet and put it on top. Wasn’t too bad. But on our Summer trip out West this past Summer one of our dogs got sick and had a really bad case of diarrhea on the bed!!������ We had to throw the topper away and used just the mattress for the rest of the trip. Funny thing is we both slept better without the topper. Strange!

B&W Companion Slider Hitch
Bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:55 PM   #22
GAinaMontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20747
We put a 3" topper on the original mattress which worked for DW but was killing my back. Found a rv5 Sleep Number on Craigs list for $400 plus $50 to sanitize the cover. Now DW is happy at a 45 setting and I can stand upright in the morning after sleeping at 75 setting.
GAinaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #23
brianchristy2012

M.O.C. #24444
100 day mattress trials

We have a 3121rl as well, with a King. While in Maine we changed it out with a Zinus, by the time we were down to Georgia we changed it out with a Puffy. The 100 night ‘no questions asked’ policies are awesome. I think Puffy May be a keeper!
brianchristy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #24
cpaulsen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18275
Before we brought the 5ver home...we had ordered a Serta I Comfort king which was delivered in a couple of days......and had the delivery people haul the almost new one off!!
Old 10-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #25
Coronabob
Established Member

M.O.C. #9515
Sleep Number for us

We have been through this twice now. Pulled out the Denver mattress and put in a Sleep Number. Same as the stick built. Sleep very soundly now.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #26
jeepjrn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24167
Tossed our King too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygreg View Post
If that is your only problem/complaint on your new purchase, consider yourself very fortunate. I took out the king size "mattress" and put in a 14 inch thick queen size foam mattress from Costco.
Same here, we tossed our King after our first trip, cut the plywood frame and bought a 12” dual density foam mattress with “cool” top from Kohl’s and love it. Not to mention much more room now to make the bed and get up at night. Why they think everybody wants King’s I’ll never know!
jeepjrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:37 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We never slept on ours in the 2013 3402 we knew better. We gave it to a Church group and they were glad to get it. We had ordered a sleep number and it was waiting for the RV.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #28
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Like said, NO rv mattress is worth a s---. We have been transferring ours from trailer to trailer. Comfortable mattresses are like discussing which truck is the best one. There is no one answer. Just suck it up and buy one that suits you and take it with you if you trade up.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:13 PM   #29
SterlingSilver
Established Member

M.O.C. #22445
Quote:
Originally Posted by arden3 View Post
Our last rv was a 2011 cedar creek touring edition that had a plush trump mattress. Guess I got spoiled.
Funny, we traded our Cedar Creek for a new Montana and the dealer let us move our beloved Trump Serta king mattress into the Montana. This actually let him resell our Cedar Creek with a new mattress as, I think, required. A win win, except that the Trump mattress weighs a ton and required additional support when accessing the under-bed storage. I tend to hate anything that adds weight to my rig but good sleep is a requirement.
SterlingSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #30
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybrian View Post
We have the same unit. I haven’t measured for a new King mattress but the Queen might give more room on the sides. We both use C-paps. We live in it as snowbirds 6 months. Both of us have bad backs. Ugh!! Since it’s a 2020 I will wait until next year. But you are right. The hype isn’t what it appears.
Have a similar living situation as you. 6 mo. snowbirds, but only one Cpap and one bad back. Used a memory foam topper and pillow top for two years and this worked very well. We stuck with the king cause we needed the space between us for the beloved daschund. She passed this past summer so I cut the platform down and bought a Nectar memory foam mattress in a box. They give you 365 days to try it. We love it and it gives us more much needed room on either side of the bed. There are a bunch of sources online now with excellent mattresses. I think the mattress in a box thing started with Casper maybe. Install is pretty easy as you take whole box into the b/r and then open the mattress on the bed and just watch it grow to full size. They recommend letting is set for 24hrs to fully expand but I layed down on it after about and hour just to try it and fell asleep.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote