Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2021, 02:15 PM   #1
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
Help!!!!!

I have a 3021 3120RL. I posted a problem I was having several months past with leveling jacks and not getting anywhere with the dealer. Last March we were on a long trip and noticed the graphics on the fron cap were peeling and the Darco on the kitchen slide was shredding. I contacted the dealer and sent photos to get the warranty started. I will skip all the hours of grief from then until now. November 11 we pick the rig up for the fourth attempt at getting the decals and slide done. The company tried to sneak 2020 graphics by us, no problem with 2020 but if you look you will see 2020 is gold and brown, 2021 is blue, silver and black…. Don’t look so good. As far as the slide Keystone agreed to pay for “Slide Slikers”. Plastic strips to put down on the floor…. Oh they did add another layer of Darco tape. We are from Wyoming, we bought from a dealer in northern Colorado. Currently we are in southern Louisiana with a slide that will not function properly. I call Keystone and the young lady I’m talking with tells me to contact my dealer, they can’t help me. I’m quite a ways from home I don’t think the dealer can help me either. Her response is and I quote” That is between you and the dealer.” I was totally shocked. I need my rig fixed and I don’t think the dealer is to travel 1200 miles to do it. Can’t help you she says, you need to talk to your dealer. I ask to speak to a supervisor and she tells me no. My phone is on speaker and I thought my wife was going to fall out of her chair. Is this normal customer support? Who can I contact?

jeepman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
.... Who can I contact?
The Indiana State Attorney's Office and the Better Business Bureau.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:46 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I don't think contacting the Indiana State Attorney's office or the Better Business Bureau will help Jim at all with his problem. There are several members of the Montana Division who are members of the Forum and hopefully they will step in here and contact Jim to help him with his problem.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #4
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
Thanks for the reply. I did talk with my dealer and the management team decided that I should hire a mobile repair to correct the issue. They will reimburse my costs and fight with Keystone over the warranty. I thought that was stepping up to the plate. I am shocked at the extremely poor customer service and attitude of the individual I talked with at Keystone.
Jim
Old 12-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #5
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I thought Keystone would recommend a local dealer or repair place if you were on the road. Not so????

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:00 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I don't think contacting .....

When I read this, I was having a bad day at work and extremely frustrated at the horse-shI* going on. The poster's situation just angered me even more at the incredible stupidity of "bureaucracy." That was my first response, especially since I have read so many posts on multiple forum web sites about the absolute poor and tasteless service some folks get from Keystone.

I am glad the OP is getting a resolution. THAT is a good thing. I just hope Keystone steps up to the plate. But it sounds like, they've dropped it already. Maybe that receptionist will get transferred from phones to working the assembly line!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #7
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
Twindman not so. The person I spoke with was emphatic that I had to work with my dealer. I expressed several times the fact I was over twelve hundred miles away…… too bad.

The person from the dealership told me Montana said it was out of warranty anyway even tho we have been dealing with this slide issue since April. I guess I figured it would be an ongoing warranty until the problem was resolved. Not according to Keystone. Pass it off until the warranty is passed then they are no longer liable.
Jim
Old 12-14-2021, 06:25 PM   #8
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Jeepman, that sucks but not surprising. I had a similar situation with a friends trailer. It turned out easier to pay for a proper repair and request reimbursement. That way they could close out the issue and be done.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:34 PM   #9
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
The repair person that came today said the wear pad guide is missing on the drive side. He is going to try to get it to track but thinks it will have to go to a shop that can pull the box in order to replace the guide. The plot just keeps getting better.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:18 PM   #10
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
The mobile repair tech checked out my slide today. He thought I had a damaged outer rail on the through frame. I convinced him we needed to exhaust all other possibilities. He checked the wear tabs, all adjustments and installed heavy duty gear packs. Problem still there. When operating the slide now once it gets past the midway point of the outer rail it will open relatively well. Looks like I’m going to need to find a service facility that can handle removing a slide.
It was not a good news kind of day but not surprised.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:57 PM   #11
jeepman71
Established Member

M.O.C. #27401
I need to update everyone on the slide situation. My dealer, normally I would not give a name but they deserve kudos, Lazydays of Loveland Co. stepped up big time. The mobile tech was unable to help me so the service manager made contact with a Lazydays service center in Houston to perform necessary repairs at their expense. Keystone had told them once it was out of warranty even though this has been an ongoing problem since late March. I waited about two weeks to kind of chill after my conversation with a Keystone customer service rep. I called a corporate number I found on the internet, asked the receptionist to talk to someone about a problem with customer service. The call was sent to the director of service for Keystone. This gentleman was extremely helpful. All in all my rig is in the shop at the service center, complete repairs are being performed and all costs are covered.
Thanks Lazydays
Thanks Keystone