Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2021, 04:08 PM   #1
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
2019 3121rl Samsung fridge problem

I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I could not find a similar thread.

We have a Samsung RF18HFENBSP refrigerator. Took it out Monday to do a test run before we start our summer trek.

Wife found small amount of water on the floor on left side of fridge, in front. Wiped it up thinking I had been sloppy. Water has returned numerous times since Monday afternoon. No great amount but after the Great Texas Blizzard of 2020, I am concerned the water supply line froze and cracked or the water valve behind has cracked or broken. Having no ice maker is no big whoop so I just need to know how to access the supply line to the ice maker.

I presume I will need to pull the fridge out as I have removed the inside basement wall and cannot find the water feed.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated!

Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:38 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There has been a ton of questions about find the two shutoff valves for the ice maker water line. A Search will find them. But as I recall, the line has a shutoff valve under the sink and another in the cabinet (under the drawer or whatever is there) to the left of the refer. That should give you an idea of where the line runs.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
First.... fill your fresh water tank with water.
Second..... shut off your shore water spigot, disconnect, make sure you have no water coming from "outside" into the camper.
Third... Turn on your on-board water pump and wait.

Once it pressurizes, if you have a water leak ANYWHERE in your camper, you WILL hear the water pump cycle on, or if the leak is bad enough, it will run constantly.

This simple step will tell you immediately if you have a leak or not because you will hear the water pump cycling on and off, or running constantly. Do this before going through the problem and troubles of pulling the refrigerator from the wall and disassembling the camper to find a leak that may not exist at all.

More than likely, the water is coming from melting ice a on the cooling coils but not evaporating fast enough, causing water to pool in that corner on the floor. Mine pools and make the carpet wet whenever I defrost the refrigerator, or power it completely down.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Carl n Susan, thanks so very much. Took the drawer out but no shut off behind. Used my phone to take a pic from that point and found that little booger behind the access panel near the floor. Will know tomorrow if that is where the water was coming from!

From all of us who will admit to being “techno-stupid” and cannot find things on the MOG site or virtually anywhere else on the internet, thank you from the entirety of my tiny little heart!
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #5
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Cycle the i/m using the small square button on the bottom of it. Hold it ~5 seconds until the mold/tray begins rotating. While it is cycling, get on the floor and watch/listen at the back left side of the unit. There is a plastic solenoid operated valve connected to the water supply and the i/m fill tubing. When it cycles, use a flashlight to watch under the valve (rear left side of reefer). If water drips during the fill cycle, the valve is cracked.