Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Anti-Siphon Valve on 2011 295RKD

I have a 2011 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD. I hoping that someone with a like rig or has knowledge of this model rig can help me out. I want to see if my calculations on the location of the Anti-Siphon valve are correct and if there is an access port to the valve that I have missed so I don’t have to cut a new one.

From information I got from the MOC forums I found that you can locate the general position of the Anti-Siphon valve by following the black tank flush water line from the connector. I did that. The picture P1 shows the water line leads to the back side of the equipment compartment.

Taking careful measurements, I measured from the location of the where I found the water lines (water line from black tank connector and water line to black tank) and found where I believe the valve is located in the 295RKD.

Looking at a layout of the 295RKD, the suspected location of the valve is in the wall between the entryway cabinet and the toilet, picture P2. I can find no access panel anywhere in that area. I have checked the walls, cabinets and entertainment center area. Does anyone have any specifics on the exact location of the Anti-Siphon Valve on a 2011 295RKD?

From my calculations, picture P3 shows where I estimate the valve should be located, give or take. I think it is located in the wall between the entry cabinet and toilet. The tape in the picture is at the height of the toilet. Any help or suggestions? I hate cutting out a section of wall and finding I am in the wrong location.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	295RKD Anti-Siphon Valve Location P1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	7601   Click image for larger version

Name:	295RKD Anti-Siphon Valve Location P2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	7602   Click image for larger version

Name:	295RKD Anti-Siphon Valve Location P3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	7603  

jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Good job on locating the probable location of the black tank anti-siphon valve. Behind the shower wall was one of Montana; favorite hiding spots.

I do not have your model so I can say exactly where it is. Perhaps you can remove the shower handle fixture and see where the white Pex is and if the valve is reachable. It may also give you an idea od where it is exactly. You can use that information to cut an access point in the cabinet. I believe BB_TX (and Sreigle) did this and then made up a cover panel to hide the hole. As it is in a cabinet, most will never know about it.

*OR* you can do like many of us have done and cur the Pex in the basement, and splice it together using Shark byte fittings. Coupled with an anti-backflow device in the outside flush connection and you are good to go.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:40 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Assuming I am looking at the pictures right, it appears the flush lines are a foot or two over from the toilet. So the anti siphon valve may actually be in the wall between the shower and the back of the entertainment center. Can you look behind the TV for an access panel? I would expect the valve to be 3’-4’ above floor level.

Edit: As Carl said, best solution may be cut those lines under the floor, splice them, and use an external valve. I did splice mine in the wall as it was easier access than under the floor. And I use the external valve.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
Sdgood1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23720
I cut mine and looped them together.

Steven & Denise
New to us 2014 3150RL
Chino Valley, AZ
Sdgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote