Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2019, 06:08 AM   #1
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Norcold 2118 Issue

I have a Norcold 2118 fridge and I cant adjust the temperature. Fridge turns on and off, and switches modes just fine, but when I press and hold the TEMP button to adjust the temperature setting, nothing happens. It is currently set to 6, and I can only tell that since it displays the number when I first power the fridge up. Also, it seems to be running constantly. Cooling fine though. Im thinking the control board needs to be replaced, looking for some input before I go and do it. Found it on Amazon for 133 bucks, and the deductible for my ESP is 100 anyway, plus my camper is onsite at my seasonal location. I had a different thread started about my fridge, but I made a new one since I am narrowing down the issue slightly. My camper is using power like crazy, and I am thinking the fridge is the issue. Since I have metered electric, I want to get this fixed up LOL
thanks

2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
I believe ours takes a 'click' for each number. If I press and hold it doesn't change, I have to lift and press again. I'm going to have to go see now! LOL

Mark
Old 06-19-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
darrylwt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17873
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
I believe ours takes a 'click' for each number. If I press and hold it doesn't change, I have to lift and press again. I'm going to have to go see now! LOL

Mark
Mine works the same way, everytime you push the temp button it goes up but if I hold the button nothing changes.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
If I keep clicking, it starts over.

Mark
Old 06-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #5
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
If I press mine, weather i hold it or just press it, nothing happens. I talked to the local norcold dealer, he gave me the part numbers and the testing to try on the unit. He believes it is the thermister and the optical board, got both the parts off of Amazon, ill be going up to cam Friday to take all apart, run the tests, and replace. Looks like the optical board is def bad, since I can adjust the temperature at all. I also ordered the power control board, but from what he said, and what I found online, that is prob not the issue, so i might be sending that back, but I want to have it just in case. So far, Im $300 into parts, and this should only take me about an hour to replace the parts. Ill know more on friday.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #6
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
OK, update,. changed out the control optical board and all is well again. Now, does anyone know how much power they consume? I am looking at 6 amps for this fridge, that equates to 20kwh a day. anyone else have numbers?