Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
DLinder

M.O.C. #23731
Slide out problem

I own a 2016 3160RL Montana 5th wheel with three slide outs. I've experienced an issue with the joint kitchen / living room slides when in storage. These two slide outs are fully retracted and within a few days will creep out, un-commanded, a few inches (up to 6") on their own. This happens routinely (i.e., every few days) and it doesn't seem to matter whether the temperature is 30 degrees or 90 degrees outside, whether the 5th wheel is parked on a level surface or on a slight incline. This issue has also happened while towing the 5th wheel. I have not experienced this issue with the independent bedroom slide out.

I do not appear to have a hydraulic leak or any evidence of a hydraulic leak (as I track the level of fluid in the reservoir). I've taken our 5th wheel in for annual maintenance every year and explained to the dealer the problems I've been having with the joint slide outs. They have tested the hydraulic system pressure (comes back normal) and replaced the piston associated with the joint kitchen / living room slide out. The problem persists to this day. I've called the Montana production facility directly and they refer me back to the dealer where I purchased the 5th wheel.

Has anyone else experienced slide outs that deploy up to six inches on their own? Any recommendations to correct this situation would be welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1854.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	3408   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1862.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	3409  

DLinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We had that on our 2010. Once we replaced the gang switches behind the front control panel we never had the problem again.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:55 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We've never experienced the slides drifting out, but the only call I would make would be directly to Lippert. The factory would not have a clue about this problem, as they don't keep the units that long to have a problem with them, and a dealer would only know how to deal with this issue if they previously had the problem and had contacted Lippert for support. 574-537-8900

I find it strange that even in the Lippert Master Owner's Manual, they don't have any information for troubleshooting issues with the hydraulic slide system. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...CD_0001573.pdf
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote