Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2022, 01:36 PM   #1
winerNdiner

M.O.C. #30516
Intermittent Electric Slide (2022 MHC 295RL)

2022 295RL. Stuck Slide (no power).
Ack! Camping reservation for Sunday coming up, and living room/dinette slide is extended and will not move. No power when I press the slide switch to retract (or to extend). Plugged into 20 amp garage outlet and batts are fully charged (13.6v). Other slides work just fine. I'm hoping it's just a loose connection on the panel switch before I crawl around underneath and slice the belly open to access the slide motor.
I've been meaning to install a belly access panel anyway... ��

UPDATE: Holy smokes - I was able to get a warranty appointment with local dealer for NEXT FRIDAY! In the past it was always a month or two out. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket... :-)
2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dbl Cab Longbed
winerNdiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:46 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I know this is a stupid question but did you check the fuses?
Old 06-26-2022, 11:28 AM   #3
winerNdiner

M.O.C. #30516
Not a dumb question at all. All fuses (that I can find) are fine. Resettable Circuit Breaker in the battery bay reads full voltage across it, so not that, either. I have not yet crawled under to check voltage at the motor, but that's on today's to-do list.

Speaking of crawling under the rig, I did that yesterday. Cut two access panels into the underbelly to locate the slide motors and attempted to manually crank in the non-working slide. Lo and behold, the "bad" motor has NO HEX EXTENSION on the motor/actuator. That means nothing to attach a socket wrench to for manual operation. Sigh...

Surely the other side has one(?). I'll just move it over to the nonworking slide motor and crank it in. NOPE! Not only does the other (working) slide motor also have NO hex extension, but it is also mounted almost all the way up against the frame! Even if it did have a hex extension, there would be no room to use a wrench to operate that slide, either. WHO DESIGNS/ENGINEERS ������ LIKE THIS?!?! Silver lining - at least I discovered this little delight while the rig is in our driveway and not in a campground or out in the boonies. Monday will be an interesting day as I call dealer, Keystone, Lippert, Good Sam, Dr. Phil, and anyone else I can think of to vent my frustrations and get this nonsense resolved.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #4
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Is the slide that isn't working an electric slide or hydraulic? If you have both systems, depending on which slides work on which systems, are you operating the correct slide control switch?
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:31 PM   #5
winerNdiner

M.O.C. #30516
Seriously?������