Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
did everyone leave the north??

We just returned from a round trip to Tenn. and back to NY, at first we saw one or two Montanas heading south on rt71 and rt65 then as time went on, we saw more and more and more,at least 15-20 units plus a lot of sob's. Has everyone left the cold?? WOW!!
Some had to be MOC members, I do hope everyone had a safe trip to warmer weather.

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Lots of Montanas, Mountaineers and Big Skys in this park. Last week, almost last month here in Gulf Shores Alabama you could have shot a cannon down the highways, in the shopping areas, at the beach, and I don't think you would have hit a thing.

Since then, every time we go out on 59 there are rigs galore pulling into the area, today the traffic on 59 was building up and there were more people ON the beach than I think I have seen there since we have been here.

From ghost town to busy. I don't think I wanna see this place around July 4th! WOWSERS!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We drove up to NY last Saturday and we passed a lot of rigs heading South. We'll be heading back to NC tomorrow and expect to see even more.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Jim, you were heading to NY and we were leaving on Saturday. i hope you are not in the western ny area, they are calling for snow and windchills in the single digits. But we had to come back to it and you will be able to escape it. Have a safe trip.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We're on Long Island. We woke up to snow this morning but it's 34 degrees and raining now. We shouldn't have a problem in the morning.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
We have been in Albuquerque for two days, had the wheel bearings repacked and needed to have them look at the front outriggers kept blowing fuses, Motor and gear box out. couldn't get parts because of the Holidays until next week, we are to be in Picacho Peak by Saturday. Anyway it Snowed on our way here Wensday and 19 Deq and winds 30 to35 mph. couldn't sleep sounded like a chopper, with the slide toppers makeing noise. Thursday cold but no Wind. We leave this morn Friday, is not as cold about 30's We stop just pasted Demming for the night, then Saturday in to Picacho Peak in AZ. for the Winter May be longer?
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
randye, Delaine and I have driven past the RV park at Picacho Peak several times. If you would after your there a while could you give us a idea of what you think about the Park. We have spent time in Sierra Vista, Benson and Casa Grande Az. and are now in the process of planning next winters trip, thanks and if you climb the peak take lots of water breaks . GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #8
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
We pulled our Montana from Langley, BC to Portland, OR on the 22nd and back on the 29th for the holidays and didn't see a single Montana on I-5. But sure did a see multitude of sob's headed south on Tuesday the 29th.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
D and L We sure will let you know what we think of the RV park and surronding area, We work for Bowlin's Travel Centers but get two days a week to travel and hike and etc. So we will be able to post what its like there. Thanks Later.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
No, not everyone has left the north!! We're still here - brushing, shoveling, snow blowing, rescuing dumb drivers who think 70 mph works on snow and ice covered roads!!!