Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #41
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Ditto on the best wishes for your wife's quick recovery and your enjoyment of your new Montana. Bellingham is a beautiful area and not THAT cold...
Mariana

Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #42
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Hey Blue, I just wanted to let you know that you and your bride are in our prayers. Bellingham will be wet with some cold (25 to 30 deg.)days during the winter and maybe some snow two or three times. We used to live on Lopez Island and Bellingham would be the place that we would go for shopping and to get away for a weekend or two. Also our daughter and her husband live there now and we will be visiting them this weekend (Nov 10-12).

Where will you set up the Monty there?

Just remember that you you will only be a few miles from Camping World in Mount Vernon.

Good luck with your new home!!!
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:59 AM   #43
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Hey Dick, Thanks for the info.
We're loving this part of the world. Totally different then Texas.
I'm at the Bellingham RV Park # 51 in the very back row. There are two Montanas on that row.
Camping world...? oh yea, we have been there a few dozen times already.
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 AM   #44
originaldoodoo

M.O.C. #6571
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bluegill

You know Brad, That is my biggest problem most of the time. I'm not still enough to listen to what God has to say.

I now know that God played a huge role in all of this.
I got a call today from one of the guys that was going to be my boss over there.
He told me that the Russians and the Polish came in and ousted all of the head people at this refinery in Lithuania and politely asked our two other guys already there to kindly leave and that they did NOT need our services. There are 3 other guys that had already quit their jobs and were going to fly over this next Wednesday. Now they have to go back to their old boss and ask for their jobs back.
originaldoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:15 AM   #45
originaldoodoo

M.O.C. #6571
we bought our 2006 3500rl in june 2006 husband is retireing from refinery in 1 day (yippie) i talked him into buying our montana with plans to travel he has never towed we have moved once and we are still married (lol) right now it is freezing here with snow on the ground. i love living fulltime but also have alot to learn about. our converter went out (warrenty replaced) learned that you should have fresh water tank full incase the water freezes where you are staying and that it wouldn't hurt to have an electric space heater to help save on propane(seems silly to heat whole trailer when in bed) glad i found this site have been learning alot from all of you.
originaldoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #46
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Originaldoodoo, when you are in hard freeze weather make sure the furnace runs enough to keep your water lines and tanks from freezing. The furnace has a vent in the belly to pump heat into there. An electric heater is fine but don't allow it to keep the furnace from running now and then. We do the same and have some electric heaters going but we make sure the furnace keeps things from freezing up.

Congratulations to your husband's retirement tomorrow! I hope you get to do some traveling. Towing the Montana is not difficult. It just requires a bit of practice and common sense. Don't hesitate to ask questions. That's what we're here for.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #47
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Hey Blue!!!! Are you enjoying the snow up there in B'ham. Bouy, you guys sure got dumped on!!!! Down here in beautiful downtown Allyn, Wa, we only had and inch of little round hard white balls and temp down to 17 last night and all the way up to 33 today, and it has started spitting snow. You guys are going to get it again tonight and tomorrow. THE great Northwest. I'm getting too old for this weather, 12 years in Alaska, 25 years here in Washington. I'm ready for WARM!!!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #48
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Hey Rick, is your Allyn by Shelton? We used to have a small cabin on Emerald Lake and lived in Port Orchard. We are now in Ephrata, WA. If I remember the area you could get some nasty snow if it stays warm (30s). We also had property years ago at Timber lake and went to Allyn for hamburgers (if my memory serves me right).

Hope you and the wife stay warm and dry.
Dick & Jackie
In cold (10deg) Ephrata, WA.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rickety

Hey Blue!!!! Are you enjoying the snow up there in B'ham. Bouy, you guys sure got dumped on!!!! Down here in beautiful downtown Allyn, Wa, we only had and inch of little round hard white balls and temp down to 17 last night and all the way up to 33 today, and it has started spitting snow. You guys are going to get it again tonight and tomorrow. THE great Northwest. I'm getting too old for this weather, 12 years in Alaska, 25 years here in Washington. I'm ready for WARM!!!!!
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 AM   #49
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
I feel bad moving out of Puget Sound and missing the 15+ inches of rain you've had so far this month. We moved down to Hurricane, Utah after living up there for 30 years and we are closing in on 4 inches of rain for the year.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 PM   #50
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Quote:
quote:Hey Dick, Thanks for the info.
We're loving this part of the world. Totally different then Texas.
Blue,

I am loving my Texas weather right now it is 75F. Of course the cold front is on its way and we will dip down into the upper 20's Friday and Saturday night. Windchill is supposed to be low 20's and below tomorrow. Glad I got in a round of golf today, it will be my last for 2006.

Prayers are still coming your way for a speedy recovery when your bride has her surgery.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #51
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MAMalody

Tell you what. Since I have a 3575, I would be happy to break in your 3400 for you. Since I am not familiar with your coach, I could give it a complete objective breakin. Just a thought.
Thats a big offer. I own two RVs, my 3475 Monty and a 27' Keystone TT , and the upkeep on two of them kills me
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #52
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
WOW, I wanted to experience The Northwest and I got just what I wanted. Washington had one of their BEST summers and I got to enjoy it. Now they have had one of the biggest snow falls on record this winter...? well, Fall !
I am truly enjoying this part of the country and the oppurtunity to experience 4 seasons.
I am SUPER pleased with how the truck has peformed in the snow and ice. Its like driving a tractor. :-)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rickety

Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote