Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2005, 07:14 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Steve! Very helpful!

Dave

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #22
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
I drain the fresh water holding tank, water heater and pull the anode rod after every trip. The original 6 year old anode rod still looks new. I'm sure the mineral content of water in different areas is a big factor in the life of the unit also.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #23
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Does anyone use the in-line water heater that, supposedly, almost instantly provides hot water and does NOT require a hot water heater?
I have read of them and am considering that option.
Thanks for any input.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #24
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Larry and April,
I've not read of anyone on the MOC using such a heater but perhaps they just haven't posted yet. Those devices do require shore power and may be at the upper limit of the amps that can be handled by the Montana. We've found that the propane heats up the water very quickly. If we're in a CG with electric then we use that. For a very quick recovery we sometimes will use both propane and electric. So far no problems and quick enough for us.

Dennis and Mary Kay

PS... nice picture. Looks like maybe the Oak Creek Canyon area around Sedona?
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've thought about using one of those instant hot water heaters, too, but am not sure how much current they draw and whether our electrical system can handle it. I look forward to hearing from those who have done that.

Larry, can you see all the pictures now?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #26
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Thanks for the responses. More stuff for me to check out so I don't "boo boo" big time.
As to the pictures, I can see most of them; just once in a while there's a white box with a red X in it. I don't know why (maybe the type of picture?)
Thanks again.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #27
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
CW in Tucson only had the 5 inch ones with all the multiple fittings. Cost around $14. Same setup described in the beginning of this thread. Walked to Beaudry's, next door, and got the correct 9 inch Suburban rod for $14. Thicker also, more that twice as much "sacrificial" metal. When I took the "old" one out this PM, it was in very good shape. Cleaned it off, rinsed out the tank with one of those wand things, reinstalled it using teflon tape ..Looks like it is good for another full year, and I have a spare ready to go.

Keep checking...the correct ones ae available, but not at CW.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Longwell

As to the pictures, I can see most of them; just once in a while there's a white box with a red X in it. I don't know why (maybe the type of picture?)
Thanks again.
Larry
Larry, I think most of us sometimes get that same red x. It just means it was unable to load the picture or it took too long. Most of those are stored offsite, like at Tinypic or elsewhere. It can be caused because of problems somewhere on the web between you and that picture or any of many other reasons.

If you are using Internet Explorer, you can rightclick on the red x and choose 'show picture' and it will try again. Or hit the Refresh button. Sometimes that will help, sometimes not. Some days are worse than others.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote