Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Splendide maintenance & great customer service

We had an issue with our Splendide and I haven't seen the instructions on the fix that Splendide gave us on the MOC. So, I wanted to share. It's worth having in your back pocket.

We have a Splendide 2100 XC washer/dryer combo that we purchased back in 2007 when we bought the Montana. Recently I started having trouble when I was drying clothes. The dryer would quit and I'd get various lights blinking at me. Bernie called Splendide and as usual their customer service was excellent. The man he spoke with said they realized a design issue on our model and gave us the fix. Basically, the back of the dryer is getting lint buildup and we have to "backwash" the unit to clean it. He gave us the instructions, which are very easy, and told us to do this once a month. He said the first time you do it you may need to repeat it 4 or 5 times to get everything clean. He was right. The first time I had to do it 6 times before there was no lint in the water. And after that, it's been once a month maintenance. Here are the instructions:

1. Start the unit without clothes on cycle #11. The the dry time must be off. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on, then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step. (In my unit, I have to repeat this step).

2. Move the cycle knob to cycle #2, push the extra rinse button and then press the start button once (do not hold), then let it run through that complete cycle. It will take approximately 2 hours.

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
That is good to know
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Thanks for the info.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks for sharing. Copied the instructions and saved. I agree on Splendide customer service. They're one of the best outfits I've worked with.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote