Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
need some advice

Brought my Montana up to the dealer on September 13 for the dreaded crack under the bed room slide.Made the appointment to bring it up in august.Well so far it looks like they haven`t even started to work on it.I really like this dealer and they have treated me pretty good in the past.Just disappointed that the work hasn`t been started.Do you guys and gals think it would be ok to go up to the dealer and ask why the Montana isn`t fixed yet?Where its parked I can not open the slides to take all the stuff I want to take out before the cold weather hits.And I wanted to winterize it myself,instead of paying the dealer to do it.Any thoughts or suggestions.Thanks for your replys.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:10 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I wouldn't hesitate about asking the dealer what's going on. If you don't get satisfaction tell them you are going to contact Keystone Service Manager to get his assistance to getting your unit fixed.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:30 AM   #3
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
I would discuss your concerns about work not being started yet and then I would ask them to relocate your trailer so that you can clean it out for winterization. If they seem agitated by your request, I would then request that they winterize your unit at no charge...they'll either agree OR you'll get your trailer moved so you can gain access. It's a win-win for you.
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:09 AM   #4
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
If you made an appointment and they haven't even started on it after 30 days I think they at least owe you an explanation and they sould be happy to relocate your unit for convenient access.

Good Luck
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #5
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Don't be shy. It's your right to find out what's holding things up. Be nice when you ask and I'm sure they'll be pleased to discuss with you. Also ask them to move the unit so you can get your stuff out. If they plan on holding your unit past when you expected the work to be done ask them to winterize it at their cost.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:04 AM   #6
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I can't believe you haven't said anything to them yet! I would have been calling after the first week and then every week since then, then I would change to daily. LOL It seems the squeaky wheel gets the grease now days. If you have an appt, they are suppose to be working on the unit and if they arne't they BETTER tell you why they aren't. That's just plain wrong and if they want your repeat business you should tell them how angry you are about it, they are here to serve you, not the other way around.

See, that is one thing I don't understand, there is NO customer service in America any more and people just settle for it. Not me, if I'm angry or upset you are going to hear about it. LOL Then again if I'm very happy you are going to hear about that too. There are plenty of dealers out there who would be working on it and your dealer should know that, you expect customer service and tell them.

Good luck but I would be picking up that phone and questioning them as to what is going on...

Sorry, just had to rant about crappy customer service.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:20 AM   #7
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Melissa I'm with you. I would have called a long time ago. But, Chuck would have waited. I get us in so much trouble with our dealer. But I don't care.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:27 PM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Thanks for all the comments.Your probably right in that I should have been on the phone long before this.It really isn`t like me to be so patient.I`am the type that wants things done yesterday.I did call Keystone and talked to a Tom Brandon.He is going to investigate to see if the "Montana Team" has had any communication with my dealer.And if they haven`t it will give me a little more leverage in dealing with my dealer.The problem for me is the next Montana dealer is quite a ways from me and to go up to my dealer and rant and rave in the long run wouldn`t be to my advantage.Now if this was in the start of camping season my attitude WOULD be some what different.Upset that the work isn`t completed -you Bet I am.Ready to throw away all ties with this dealer-not yet any way.

Again I thank all of you for your imput.i`ll let you know how things progress.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:16 AM   #9
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I get us in trouble too but like you said I could care less. We play "good cop, bad cop", guess who I get to be? My husband will try first and then he will say "you really don't want me to unleash my wife on you do you?" LOL NO YOU DON'T!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

Melissa I'm with you. I would have called a long time ago. But, Chuck would have waited. I get us in so much trouble with our dealer. But I don't care.

Carol
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote