Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
AC_Tx

M.O.C. #27421
New camper problems

Just got a new high country 385BR & really like it. First "new" camper & first fifth wheel. Had a list of minor issues that could be easily taken care of. Took it camping for the first time to one of our favorite spots and noticed a soft spot in the floor near the kitchen island. In my experience, soft spots grow. When packing up, I drained black & grey tanks, & decided to use the tank flush. Didn't have that on previous camper. Opened black tank drain & turned on flush water. Clean water started pouring out of hole in sealing of pass through storage & flooded the bedroom above. Looking at other threads, it sounds like the problem is the backflow preventer. We used towels to dry up all standing water that we could find. Once home, we put floor fans in the pass through storage, a dehumidifier in the bedroom & turned the AC down low. All of this happened within the first 10 days of owning the camper. On the 11th day, this past Monday, I took it back to the dealer. I spoke with them today & they still have looked at it. I understand that the service dept stays busy, but the camper is brand new & there is likely standing water on top of the pass through storage. My fear is that this is going to cause problems for years down the road. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

AC_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #2
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Yes, sure sounds like the backflow device has failed. Find it and get rid of it. Plumb the 2 lines together.

Do not let that unit sit at the dealer while they take their good old time getting to it. Go there and get that unit dried out ASAP of you will have issues forever.

Soft floor on a new unit signals to me that something was leaking LONG before you bought it.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I agree, you need to have a face to face with this dealer and get them to get serious about fixing your issues. Certainly wouldn't hurt to call Keystone Customer Service and see if they would be willing to give the dealer a call or recommend another dealer to take it to.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
AC_Tx

M.O.C. #27421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
I agree, you need to have a face to face with this dealer and get them to get serious about fixing your issues. Certainly wouldn't hurt to call Keystone Customer Service and see if they would be willing to give the dealer a call or recommend another dealer to take it to.
Good idea, Thanks
AC_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote