Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2020, 12:40 PM   #21
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Classic signs of a failing 50 amp circuit breaker. DO a Search on "50 amp self resetting breaker" and you will understand. Here is the one to start with.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78438
Thanks for your help btw

FiveOfastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #22
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
This is my breaker

Is this the breaker we are talking about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA849304-A246-4AE4-84CD-3E038D04EE67.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	7661  
Old 10-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #23
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Nope, that is not a breaker. It is the reversing switch for the hydraulic pump. The self-resetting circuit breakers have red covers and live behind the battery. The link I provided earlier has pictures of the CB s and their location.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #24
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Nope, that is not a breaker. It is the reversing switch for the hydraulic pump. The self-resetting circuit breakers have red covers and live behind the battery. The link I provided earlier has pictures of the CB s and their location.
They are to the left of the picture. Look like terminal blocks to me.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #25
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Shipping from Crimp inc sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOfastback View Post
Older post I know but im having a similiar issue on my2017 killing batteries just using jacks for hooking back up to truck I think inverter is shot as the batteries are both deepcyclce and 2 years old and both read 13.6 volts when disconnected
Ordered the breakers from t the them on Amazon and their shipping sux

Theyre using USPS my ordrr has been sitting literally 5 miles aeay for 4 days now. Last ordrr from this outfit for sure. Guess late presidential vote ballots had more priority
Old 11-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #26
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Breaker solution

Any one wanting to permanently solve their Montana electric over hydraulic and slides working intermittently here is 100$ solution. 2 eation bussman auto reset 90 amp circuit breakers and a painless performance multi terminal block for all the smal feeds coming off the breaker. After this fix with much help from others on the site telling me its the cheap thermal 50 amp resettable breakers the manufacture put in. Again thank you. I added the big painless performance round terminal blick on my own to solve changing out a bunch of ring terminals and looks neater too.
1st test of this went perfect batteries had been off charge for couple days and using my new front compatment led block light and using power for that a few evenings. I retracted rear jack set lowered front some hit Auto level and it ran 5 minutes with no hiccups what so ever. I will include some pictures of install i can help anyone with direct text to step by step them through. Only thing someone may need to buy is a automotive starter relay to starter terminal cable in red with ring terminals on each end. Harder to find in shorter lengths but possible12”” would be fine i made mine from scrap of a project i did on a street rod. If anyone interested in lighting in front generator bay solution. Led is aay to go low bat usage and cheap kits available. Mine came with 2 lights used only 1 with relay switch and harness. Amazon strikes again. .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	94CD29DA-055C-4910-BE9F-10609CBC681C.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	7780   Click image for larger version

Name:	72CF8258-6624-40EF-B03C-4BF9AA58C517.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	7781   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	7782  
Old 11-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #27
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
This project took me probably 4 hours with refreshment break. If your handy with a screw gun ratchet and understand basic dc wiring its pretty simple.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:08 PM   #28
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Longest part was getting the parts mainly circuit breakers. USPS took their sweet time getting to me. Package was within 5 mikes for 4 business days. The painless terminal block is available on internet mine came from summit racing with a identical black one in kit. Didnt need but had it it available.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	7783  
Old 11-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #29
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Credit goes to Carl N susan

Thank you for your help in diagnosing a cheap manufacturing issue.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #30
Winger8
Established Member

M.O.C. #26003
Inverter

We have a 2017 3911FB with a WFCO model WF-5110HP inverter. It has a 115v male plug coming out of the unit plugged into a "duplex" (and also what I'm assuming is 115v hardwired output from the unit?) and probably 12v input from the battery (not sure since the 2 wires go thru the wall between the batt compartment and pass-thru?). I can't find a direct replacement on Amazon-is there an alternative or another source for the part. (I don't know if it is faulty-the battery is out and-appears it is bad-only 3 volts [13.6 volts on the wire coming out from under the floor into the battery compartment-converter at the other end(?)])
Winger8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #31
FiveOfastback
Established Member

M.O.C. #20763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger8 View Post
We have a 2017 3911FB with a WFCO model WF-5110HP inverter. It has a 115v male plug coming out of the unit plugged into a "duplex" (and also what I'm assuming is 115v hardwired output from the unit?) and probably 12v input from the battery (not sure since the 2 wires go thru the wall between the batt compartment and pass-thru?). I can't find a direct replacement on Amazon-is there an alternative or another source for the part. (I don't know if it is faulty-the battery is out and-appears it is bad-only 3 volts [13.6 volts on the wire coming out from under the floor into the battery compartment-converter at the other end(?)])
My batteries disconnected after being on shore power for couple days read 13.6 so your reading of 13.6 out to batteries to charge sounds healthy though your battery voltage on battery doesnt. Check water levels though i think its a goner. My breaker upgrade has me satisfied that all is in order now. I noted in previous post i did a full auto level test on batteries and worked smooth with no timeout for thermal breakers. Replace battery make sure its charging. Then disconnect shore power raise your jacks then auto level see if it hiccup or pauses abnormally. Then open or close a slide. Take reading on battery power. Hook up shore power charge voltage should rise to over 13.9 to recharge the battery. Should all test good if breakers arent weak. Iff any function halts or pauses abnormally as mine were do the breaher upgrade. Good luck and happy holidays
Old 11-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #32
Winger8
Established Member

M.O.C. #26003
Inverter

Thanks Fiveofastback, I just took the battery off my battery charger (about 5 hours) and it only read 7.5v-it's going to get replaced tomorrow. (also, since we are Camp Hosts, we are on shore power all the time (past 13 months) seems to me the battery is charging all the time and I've added water at least 3 times-should I disconnect the battery after it has charged?)
Winger8 is offline   Reply With Quote