Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
#7790 Retracts rant..

Member #7790....... I let my fingers do the talking before they checked in with my brain.......which is unusual for me.. I usually put my foot in my mouth before I walk a step... I retract my comments by erasing/deleting them....My apologies to some fine folks whom I have never met.....which hopefully will change this year..Don..

Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Donald, I think that happens to us all at times. Some posts just don't seem to generate interest. Also, no response doesn't mean someone doesn't read your post. I do think if you post on here pertaining to a problem with your unit, you will get responses. I would hang around here even if I bought SOB, just for the technical tips I could pick up.

Cheer up my friend, it's just a dang forum.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Happen to note the move of the topic, it was on taxing of RV's in Texas counties, was posted, I believe originally in Sitting Round the Campfire, ended up in the area of the Rio Grande Valley/Winter Texans. Not that my opinion counts for anything, but that was a good move, cause the 2 counties involved are in the RGV. Deciding WHERE to post a thread can be difficult. Been there, done that, had the thread moved. As noted: happens to all of us all the time.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Have to agree with Will on that one. Remember the primary purpose of the forum is for information exchange relating to our Montana's, Mountaineers, etc and matters related to RVing and other specific topics. I may be one of the few who read each and every post so rest assured that your posts are generating thought if not responses. Hang in with us as I am sure your input will prove valuable (although if it is on the louvered tailgate thread, there is a strong possibility that it may be overlooked!!!!). All opinions matter when someone is considering an issue that is important to them. Simply put, don't get discouraged, all of us have had posts moved, deleted, ignored and even criticized sometimes, but we keep on posting!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
We all have a bad day some times, tomorrow could be better.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
gpats
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7742
As a fairly new member (7742) I am mostly in the reading stages and I will say that I have gained a world of knowledge--I posted a question and got one response and it did not answer my question but it was no big deal since I figured that no one had an answer for me--the forum is most important to me for the information on it and I am on it several times a day and I read every post--I would like to see you hang around for a while--I for one will reply to your post if I can have something positive to add--
gpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:08 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hang in there, many of us have unique problems from time to time, you may just have the answer to one of them, we need all of our members.
On the posts, sometimes we do not have any answer, and pass, hoping the next guy or gal will have it. You should know by now that we are a pretty friendly group. Give us another shot.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Donald,
I spend a few hours on this forum every day. It is very time consume. I noticed that you have "Authored," 6 Threads, and that every one has been replied to. The last thread was on Texas Taxes. I read it and was going to respond, but I'm not sure if my answer would have been correct. Instead of giving out information that could be misleading I decided to refrain from posting. It was not intended to disregard your post but a decision of mine to keep my mouth shut for once.

With over 8000 members on this forum, and if every one of them posted a 30 second message, it would take me over 30 hours to read every one of them. So I think what you see is not a bunch of people who are ignoring you but trying to make an intelligent decision as to what they have to say has some value.

What I was going to post in your "taxes," thread was: I'm a resident of Texas. Because I am 65 years old or older, I have the opportunity to freeze my taxes so they will never be raised. I also have the opportunity to defer tax payments. The reason I did not post is that I do not know if that applies in the situation you described and needed to do more research.

I don't know you. Your leaving the forum will not have an impact on my life. I appreciate your past posts and the information that they contained. I'm hoping that you will reconsider and that some day we can meet up along life's road.

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Donald, I am glad to see others asking for you to stick around the forum. I agree that you would gain so much knowledge just from reading the posts of others and we will look forward to reading of your experiences, too. We answer very few posts but read most of them all. Hang around, there's plenty of room for you.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Geeze..we would all give you a collective hug if that will make you feel wanted.I have had post deleted, moved and been completely ignored although not all within 2 days..That could be a record or a learning process. If I read a post and I have nothing of value to reply to...Why would I reply.?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:33 AM   #11
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
I too have had post moved and have had little or no response to a couple of others. I also read your post about Texas taxes, but I have never been to Texas or have plans to go there, so had nothing to contribute. I have belonged to MOC for two years, and have learned more here than I had in the previous 25 plus years of owning RV's. Hope you don't give up on us, there is lot of good information here.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #12
gpats
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7742
I might add to my previous post that any time that you or any other MOC'er are in the Texas Panhandle just shoot me an e-mail and I will buy dinner and we can talk RVing--we have a nice RV park in our city (Borger) and it makes a good place to stay a few days at no cost (it has only one dump)--
Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM   #13
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Holy Smokes!! I guess I overreacted, I am not that proud or stubborn so as not to see an error in my judgement....I will sheepishly and gladly accept the group hug....and continue on as a member....Thank you for the replies and encouragement.... Don
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #14
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Will:
Everyone gets the feeling sometime that they are being ignored. Forums just do not let you see people reading and nodding in agreement. I figure, if you put something in and feel it was worthwhile it usually is even if nobody replies. Look at it this way; If no one replies you got the last word. Around my house, for the men, that is a rarity.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:57 AM   #15
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Just because something I post doesn't seem to elicit any responses doesn't mean it isn't being read. Every post shows how many have read it. So hang in there and continue to post when you feel the urge. That's how we all learn from one another. Once in a while I post something that elicits responses that make me wish I hadn't posted it. That doesn't mean I should quit posting. On the contrary, it makes me even more willing to post my thoughts.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:59 AM   #16
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
MOC family member,
I would have to say that we probably all feel ignored at one point or another about something.
I get ignored alot on stuff. I get alot of attention with other things.
It's not a popularity contest, we just try to help if we can.
If you don't get a lot of responses, that doesn't mean anything other than we don't know the answer.
We're a pretty smart and creative bunch of people, but we don't know everything.
Stick around, we're going to need your input on things, I know.
Lisa

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #17
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
Donald, I sent a copy of your post on taxes to my sister just before I read this post. My sister is not part of the MOC. She has been looking at RV's last month and called me 2 days ago and asked me if I knew anything about large RV's taxed with property taxes. I didn't have any idea what she was talking about till I read your post. Thanks for the info. Like others, I read with interest but did not have anything to add.
Jay D.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:13 AM   #18
gpats
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7742
Too bad you were'nt the one to start the post on lovered tailgates!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:29 AM   #19
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am not much of one for hugs, but glad to have you back Don!! Seems like you hardly left!!! Ha Ha!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Please give MOC another chance. There is a wealth of information on here. And some fun topics.
Great people!

It is hard to choose where some post to be entered. I have put them in wrong place and had them moved. No big deal for me. Also I have had some ignored. Not everyone is interested. I don't expect them to be.
Please stick around for the group hug.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote