Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
342PHT Recall/Fix

Never would have guessed this one!

On the bottom fold down bunk, my 7 year old noticed that the mattress had a "spot" on it about the size of a silver dollar. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what it might be or how it got there. It almost looked like a cigarette burn, but way too big and we don't smoke, lol. I had added it to my list for the dealer to look at, thinking that I was probably being a bit anal.
Anyway, it turns out that the battery operated light fixtures that each bunk has ( the round bush button light ) had melted the spot on the bottom mattress. It had either been bumped on while in transit or someone left it on and folded up the bunks, but either way, it was too hot for the mattress. Service guy said there was a recall on this set up and replaced it with the same kind of flashlight that is near the front door ( yes it works ). End of problem, I feel safer but it looks kind of dorky. However, my 7 year old son couldn't be more excited about his own personal flashlight!

Just FYI!

Marisol

P.S. The top bunk should not have the same positional issue.

marisolwithsol is offline   Reply With Quote