Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2024, 07:44 PM   #1
SteveOOO

M.O.C. #34270
12V leveling Jack Issue and Roof Material ?

1. I'm hoping someone can help me with my Jack issue. Error code FR witch makes no sense being the RR Jack will only run for 1 Sec. then shuts off. If I keep hitting lower or Retract it will keep run for 1 sec. increments. I have a new battery in the system. I am unable to lower the RR Jack 6" to recalibrate the system. I can jump the RR jack and it will run... Main Board?

2. Also need to no were to buy the Rubber roof sheeting for this unit not sure but think its PVC. yup the previous owner hit low limbs broken off all the vents up there. (Note: I am a commercial flat roofer and have done may of them with Hypalon system. ) I just want the same tan color product.

2018 Montana High Country
330RL

SteveOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 10:23 PM   #2
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Welcome aboard! The Ground Control 3.0 systems are glitchy at best. Mine errs out all the time.

Do you try to run the jacks plugged in? General rule of thumb is that is the best way to run it. A dip in the voltage below 12v can cause the system to err.

Also, since it has erred have you done a reset? You’ll need to do that. Lower all jacks down a minimum of 6” then retract all. That will clear the errors.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 03:54 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Welcome to the forum! Roof questions come up all the time on the forum. Hope your expertise can provide help for those of us who wonder. The quote below is from a forum thread in 2015, but the info has been repeated many times...

The easiest way to personally find out what roof material you have is remove the inner frame from any ceiling vent (just 4 screws) and lift up the roof material that has been folded downward inside the opening. If the back is black, it is EPDM ... if the material is a solid color (white) or has a fleece like backing, it is TPO.

I believe the Keystone has been buying the membranes from Alpha Systems...my guess is 40 mil. They started using TPO in ~2016...they used EPDM before that.
https://alphallc.us/industries/rvs-trailers-motorhomes/

If you are curious to see the roof membrane being installed in the factory - there are numerous "Keystone Montana factory tour" videos on youtube to search for and watch - not that you will learn anything new - but you may be interested to see how fast they mop on the adhesive and pull the membrane off the roll - lay it out - bang bang bang staple it down...etc etc.

Also - the forum SEARCH functions are your friend. I tend to use the "Google" search - top of this page on the right-hand side near the log-in "welcome".
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 07:47 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I've had issues with my Lippert 6 point 3.0 leveling system for over a year. It kept RF errors and like you, would only run for one second and stop. I tried extending them all 6 inches and then retracting. I limped it along and somehow, was always able to get the system to "just" reach level (the center dot on the control panel) and then it would go into an error and the two middle jacks would not go down then.

I limped this along for over a year, thinking I'd figure it.

Then, February (2024) while doing a camp host position in Louisiana, I needed to relevel my camper after sitting on soft gravel for 6 weeks. The system would not level. Again, one second, one second, one second. I absolutely could not clear the errors, and then it started throwing all kinds of different errors.

We knew in another few weeks we'd have to eventually leave the park and I really needed those jacks working. At this point, I couldn't even get the camper to raise correctly to even hitch up.

Being stuck in such a position, I decided to call an RV mobile tech. He finally did come out and after spending several HOURS trying to make sense of the whole matter, he finally figured it out, I had a broken right front landing jack.

He ordered me a new jack and came out again about a week later and installed it. My jacks have worked great ever since.

Sorry my friend, but based on your description, your front landing jack is broken. The gears are broken and unfortunately, you cannot just replace the gears. You have to purchase the entire leg with the motor from Lippert.

If you can get the front of the camper up on blocks, or raise it enough to hitch, you can then have the weight of the camper off the front jacks for a new install. Actually, it is quite easy, not rocket science to replace on of the front landing jack legs. Simply unbolt from the U bracket, unplug the wires and pull it out. Put the new one in and bolt it back up (exactly as it came out) and plug it back in.

Now, do the 6 inch, lower all the legs reset trick and you'll be good to go.

but, those legs now cost $600. I replaced the other site about 4 years ago when it broke. I did it myself because I was 100% positive it had stripped gears. Back then, the entire leg assembly with motor cost only $250 and I got it from a local dealership, who ordered it from Lippert for me.

Inflation is killing us. But, (again)... sorry, your problem sounds like a broken gear in your leg.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 07:36 PM   #5
SteveOOO

M.O.C. #34270
Thank you everyone for your time, got it working after replacing the RR jack. This does that again I be removing that system and going back to old school.... Push the button Up or Down. LOL

as for the roof didn't no that TPO was available in colors.

Thank You All!!
SteveOOO
SteveOOO is offline   Reply With Quote