Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #1
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
MHC 5th wheel Dometic 12 cu ft

While on our Winter FL trip, our gas/elec fridge would not cool below 47 degrees the last 10 days of the trip. We used a cooler to finish the trip. Outside temperatures were mild and we were parked in shade.

Now, it's at the dealer for warranty work. Service writer said they ran it 24 hours and it cooled great. I asked him to run again.

Has anyone had an intermittent problem?

I hate to bring it home expecting it to recur on a trip. I might have to get permission from Keystone to hire a mobile repairman.

DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
I don't have a fridge problem but have dealt with dealers & techs who have problems with facts. Or maybe they just don't know how to repair the problem so they tell you it is "working as designed" just to get you out the door. Ask him to call you when the temp is about 35-40 so you can drive over and see for yourself. Or maybe there is an intermittent problem, slight chance but could be. But an intermittent problem is still a problem and should be repaired. IMO
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote