Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Settled Down

Just wanted you to know. September 19th my wife experienced three black outs at work. So we talked to our General Manager and let him know we needed to get back to Oregon to see her Doctor. That maybe the elevation on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon at 8,300 may have some bearing on it. He agreed that we should decide if we needed to leave. So we left on the 21st and got back here to Coos Bay Or the 26th. We had an app. to see her Doctor on Oct 9th. he told her she needed stronger meds. She is still having Mi-grains and headache pills no matter how strong will cut it. She had an operation on a weak vain on the right side front of her brain at the age of 12 and the scar tissue is now swelling and giving her much pain and she is forgetting things daily. May try and get her on SSI disability.
Looks like the travels after six and half years are done.If I don't find work here in a couple of Months I may have to leave her with her parents and find something were ever it may be. I am glad we had the years we have had to travel, this is the reason we started our travels before retirement in case something medical came up and we had to settle down as is happening. I will most likely check in once and a while to see how you are all doing and may have to live through you, your travels. Thanks for the encouragement thru the years.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Randye, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's illness. I'm glad you were able to get her to her doctor and hopefully they'll get things under control. You have a lot of good memories from your years of travel to bring you smiles. We'll keep you two in our thoughts and in our prayers.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Best to you and your wife, randye. I hope things will work out for the better. I hope you find a way to stay near her.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Prayers and thoughts for both of you.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
My prayers are with you. I traveled your road several years ago. It is tough, hang in there!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Altitude can affect folks in different ways. I hope that is all it was. Good luck.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here's hoping it was the altitude. Have some friends who loved to go to Colorado at 8,600'. But finally had to stop as they both started having health issues each time they did.
Maybe you can continue your travels at lower altitudes.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Prayers for you both. Her recovery and your finding a job. All the best to you both.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Our prayers are with you, Yes SS disability is a valid option apply for it QUICKLY Online because it takes a year or two to get it and it sounds like she will get approved, been there done that, it was worth the time to apply for me for sure it was a Godsend
Old 10-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Our prayers are with you both.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Our prayers are with the both of you. We hope you are able to find work near her and if not we hope and pray the separation is not to long.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
WOW!!
We're very sorry to hear about your wife's illness. Sounds like you may have a rough road ahead.
We wish BOTH of you the very best. We're glad to hear you had some good years on the road enjoying each other and your Montana.We hope your wife's recovery is swift, complete and permanent. Hang tough! You'll make it.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #13
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Thanks All for the prayers. I put in applications every time any job openings comes up, only one interview so far. My thoughts are that I'm almost 62 and the real world jobs wants a younger man. They are afraid I will work a couple of years and want to quit. I guess I can't blame them. I see a job in Tombstone area for Maintenance they want couples but I will write them and see if they will take a single for the job. It would be until April. My wife has an appointment with SSI on the 14th of this month and she will see what they said. Only thing is her neurologist doesn't seem to think the elevation had any thing to do with her issues. She is still having Mi-graines and forgetting things constantly and we are now at Sea level. The doctor isn't on her side for the report for SSI so its doubtfull we can get her on it. Your prayers will help. Thanks again.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote