Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Expert RVers

Have you noticed the numbers of "experts" we have when it comes to helping others? No matter what your experience is or has been, there are always those who are "experts" (and they tell you about it) and will tell you that what you experienced can't happen.

It has always been my belief that we should share our experiences about our Montanas and our lifestyle, so that others can have a heads up in case they might experience the same thing. Too often, I think, we get into discussions (argumentatively) about things (which we have no business talking about), much like they do on the RV.Net forum.

If this offends anyone, I'm sorry, but I'd like to see us be able to share things without being somewhat chastised for it. We will ruin the forum if we can't share.

Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:51 AM   #2
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
I think it's called "EGO".
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Orv..you are again a very wise man.Some folks call those discussions "negative" I call them informative, educational and helpful. I always fear that some folks are intimidated by those who think any bad news about our Montana's is a negative thing and should not be posted. But again the post must be constructive. I am one of the worst.. I report the good and the bad and the action taken by all parties and will continue to do so..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
I think one of the things that makes the RV crowd great to start with is that most of us are in the older generation. Not to sound like I'm putting down any of the younger whipper-snappers but most of us are either retired or nearing the end of our careers with 30 or 40 years of experience with virtully every kind of problem imaginable. I'll bet if we took a poll of all the members here there would be experts in just about every profession. Sometimes the egos come into play when there are too many experts in one place!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well said, Orv. It's sad when people are so sure that things can't happen to them. But there are many people who are eager to learn from the experiences of others so it's important for us to keep posting our experiences, both good and bad.

Rich, your posts are informative but not challenging to others. There's a difference.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:01 AM   #6
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Orv, I agree with you all the way. I like reading about peoples experiences and suggestions and problems with Montana's. I do not need anyone to tell me their way is the best way, I will make that determination on my own.
I hope everyone continues to inform us of their problems and experiences. Most of my RVing has been positive, but not all. I hope I can provide some constructive information for someone, I know I appreciate the information I have gotten from some on this forum the past couple of years.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
I learn something new everyday on this forum....about people and RV's!!!
RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #8
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
You are right, Orv. The RV.Net forum is really bad. Over there, the so called 'experts' at times, espouse information that is totally incorrect, then get mad when called on it. That happens here, too, but not nearly as often.

IMHO, one of our problems on this forum is when someone makes a statement that as clearly incorrect, if the person doing the correcting is not very very tactful and careful, his/her post will be deleted by admin. The bottom line is that the incorrect statement is never corrected and is therefore assumed to be correct.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
There I see the beam in my own eye as a mote in my brother’s eye. It is right there because I am unconscious of the beam in my own eye.
—CARL JUNG,
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
I'll readily admit I "don't know nuttin", but the people on this forum have been fantastic, to help me figure things out. One of the things my DH and I most appreciate is reading all the opinions, both positive and negative or even non-committal (this is just what "I" like, kind of attitude). We feel we are very encouraged to take it all in, mull it over, and decide what will (maybe ) work best for us. Down the road, we may find we are or were wrong or our situation will change and so will our decision. At least the MOC Forum gives us many options to consider. Thanks to all of you. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Thanks for the reminder Orv...we could all use a little grounding from time to time. I've seen a few computer forums that have ego and heavy handed posting issues - it isn't even pleasant to read there much less post. Ask a question and get jumped on for being an idiot because you don't know something and are trying to learn.
I don't see that here, I see many ready to help out. Occasionally a few feathers get ruffled, but by and large I think we are a fairly civil group.
I agree about the level of expertise we enjoy here. Many been there, done that people. With such experiences surely there will be a few disagreements, but I can tell you I almost always learn something from them and I do read them.
The leadership here does a good job moderating. You should see what the youngsters try to pull on the 'puter forums...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote