My fireplace has worked great until recently. When I turn it on, it works fine for awhile, then the `fan just kicks off. If I turn the fireplace off for awhile and then restart it, the fan works again for a time but kicks off again. I have read posts that some people have found loose wires behind the fireplace. Could this be my problem? It doesn't seem to be getting overly hot. Any suggestions? I plan on pulling the fireplace in the next few days. Thanks for your help!
Call Dimplex customer service. They've been very responsive to a number of Monty owners. Loose wires have been an issue for many, but might as well get ideas from the folks who know. That way when you tear into it you'll know what to look for.
Dick, Joyce, Diego, Picatso and Gustav
2017 3720 RL, and 2013 HC 343RL
2017 3500 Dodge Maxi DRW 4X4, Pullrite Hitch, IS, Disk Brakes, 3rd AC, Winegard Traveler, Bathroom door mod, Dometic 320, couch for desk swap, etc.
Your fire place has a thermostat knob. Make sure it is set on high or it will cut off the heating element and the fan. I believe on mine it is the knob on the left side but the unit is not here to verify. Jim
Here we are 5 years after your posts & I'm finding myself in the same boat you were in then.
Have you all been successful in repairing your fireplace blowers, thermostats, etc.? If so, what did you do? Is there a "how to video" or someone to contact that might be able to help.
I did try calling & emailing Dimplex,.... waiting for a reply. Thought it might be faster to ask the experts who've been through this.
Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
If ya go to the Search function and type fireplace or Dimplex you will come up with a Lot of posts on his subject and a few by me Basically you have to pull the fireplace out take the panels off and Vacuum and clean all the dust and cat/dog hair in there by the sensor and everywhere else and while you are in there tighten all the electrical wires in there too they get a little loose with all the bouncing around over the years,I do it once a year it is no big deal just time consuming with all the little screws holding the panels together
I contacted Dimplex and they sent me a new thermostat switch at no cost. The switch I had was overheating and causing the fireplace to quit delivering heat. On a side note, my 3400RL was less than a year old.