Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2020, 05:26 AM   #1
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
I did a dpf delete on ford f350 2015

just did a delete if anyone is interested let me know and I'll talk to you about the process.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:38 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I tuned my 08, 6.4 eleven years ago and couldn’t be happier. 600 HP and 1100 TK it will put my camper. I also installed a 2 micron fuel filter and better lift pump to protect the HPFP.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Keep your parts. Don't know about other states, but in Texas it is illegal to sell or offer for sell any vehicle that has had the emissions system modified. Here you would either need to put it back original, or tell the dealer (on a trade) or buyer (if individual) of that illegal status. Have seen a post or two where someone said their dealer would not take it on trade.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Keep your parts. Don't know about other states, but in Texas it is illegal to sell or offer for sell any vehicle that has had the emissions system modified. Here you would either need to put it back original, or tell the dealer (on a trade) or buyer (if individual) of that illegal status. Have seen a post or two where someone said their dealer would not take it on trade.

I agree. If you tune your truck keep the parts. I have all of mine stored in the tractor shed. Some people doing wont a modified vehicle no matter how much it helps the vehicle. I just got tired of the way my OLD 08 ran. Vehicles have been much improved now and I doubt I would tune a new one. Everyone said fuel mileage would be much improved, BS.
Lynwood
Old 07-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
That's the best money you will ever spend on your truck! BTW, I know a guy who recently jumped at the chance to buy a deleted 2012 6.7 without the removed parts and couldn't be happier.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:09 AM   #6
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
just did a delete if anyone is interested let me know and I'll talk to you about the process.

I've got a 2013 and would be interested in the process. Thanks!

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:41 AM   #7
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post

If your from Michigan. Be careful, your governor is talking about bring back emissions testing. Michigan needs money to fix the roads.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:01 AM   #8
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
sorry this might go off track....

but, you take the RV to enjoy nature and wildlife and now you use your truck to pollute environment and destroy nature.
nevertheless also pollute the air we are all breathing.
just my 2 cents

Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:32 AM   #9
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by suny07 View Post
sorry this might go off track....

but, you take the RV to enjoy nature and wildlife and now you use your truck to pollute environment and destroy nature.
nevertheless also pollute the air we are all breathing.
just my 2 cents

Mike
How to blow up a thread
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:32 AM   #10
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
How to blow up a thread

I kind of have to agree with suny07, This forum should not promote illegal things. It is illegal and that goes against the forum rules i would think. This is a post the OP should keep to himself due to that illegal nature as there is countless other forums out there on how to do this. I understand his point as the dpf and all the emissions things on these diesels are junk but i would not let anyone know that my truck is running with out any emissions. Just my 2 cents.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #11
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
By discussions of illegal topics you mean like how to tow a trailer that overloads the truck? And ways to make that 3/4 ton ride level pulling that 40 footer?
Old 07-11-2020, 07:52 AM   #12
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
By discussions of illegal topics you mean like how to tow a trailer that overloads the truck? And ways to make that 3/4 ton ride level pulling that 40 footer?

There is a difference between an overloaded truck and doing deletes. The environmentalist are looking for any way to shut down the diesels, and eliminate us from parks and camping, i just do not think we should give them any more power because they can read this and now they see this forum is promoting on HOW to do it. Like i said my 2 cents.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #13
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Talk about shutting diesels down. They WILL be eligible 3/4 ton trucks and up in a few years in California. Enjoy them while you can. We will probably all be gone to our permanent camping ground by then.
Lynwood
Old 07-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #14
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
With the new trucks coming in with 450 hp and 1000 ftlb torque, I don't mind having whatever smog equipment on it. My truck has less power than that and it pulls fine. Actually, this one is the first one I haven't modified for more power. Some tuners are smog legal and improve those numbers quite a bit.

Now, do I care what environmentalists think, or care if somebody modifies their truck? No.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:39 PM   #15
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
I know that's not allowed in California. They will fine you big buck out there...

46 years married (Dam I been in prison that long)
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #16
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I had my def deleted last year. I went to the dealer on account of problem with message about def. The dealer said my def pump was going bad and it would be 2300.00 to fix. I had about 95,000 miles on my 7 year old truck and didn't really want to spend that kind of money for def. The service advisor told me about a shop that does def delete and suggested i talk to them. I had always avoided doing anything to void my warranty and wasn't looking to get more power as i thought my truck had plenty to start with but since i was out of warranty i decided to try the shop down the street especially after the service advisor said it would probably start being one thing after another now with the pollution. I talked to the shop down the street and he suggested to do away with the def pump completely. He bypassed the def pump and did a partial exhaust delete along with reprogramming the computer. The cost was 1700.00 which was a savings of 600.00 . I added about 100 more pounds of torque and about 40 to 50 h.p. I drove off with my extra parts in a box. I really didn't care to do anything to the pollution on the truck but this was 600.00 less and will probably save me a lot more in the future as there are other things that can and will go wrong in the future on these trucks with all the pollution devices they have. As for as resale goes this truck will be to old and to many miles on it when i decide to get rid of it but there are a lot of people that would much rather have a deleted truck than one with all the pollution they have on them today. Am i advocating to go out and bypass the pollution on your truck, no but as they age they will start costing more and more and can easily get into the thousands of dollars.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #17
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The problem I have been thinking about for 10 years is if you are traveling and have a problem, now what. Can you find someone to fix it? All the pollution controls are off of mine. Can I find someone that will fix it that don’t know me? The people that made my programer is out of business. The EPA closed them down.
Lynwood
Old 07-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #18
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I had my def deleted last year. I went to the dealer on account of problem with message about def. The dealer said my def pump was going bad and it would be 2300.00 to fix. I had about 95,000 miles on my 7 year old truck and didn't really want to spend that kind of money for def. The service advisor told me about a shop that does def delete and suggested i talk to them. I had always avoided doing anything to void my warranty and wasn't looking to get more power as i thought my truck had plenty to start with but since i was out of warranty i decided to try the shop down the street especially after the service advisor said it would probably start being one thing after another now with the pollution. I talked to the shop down the street and he suggested to do away with the def pump completely. He bypassed the def pump and did a partial exhaust delete along with reprogramming the computer. The cost was 1700.00 which was a savings of 600.00 . I added about 100 more pounds of torque and about 40 to 50 h.p. I drove off with my extra parts in a box. I really didn't care to do anything to the pollution on the truck but this was 600.00 less and will probably save me a lot more in the future as there are other things that can and will go wrong in the future on these trucks with all the pollution devices they have. As for as resale goes this truck will be to old and to many miles on it when i decide to get rid of it but there are a lot of people that would much rather have a deleted truck than one with all the pollution they have on them today. Am i advocating to go out and bypass the pollution on your truck, no but as they age they will start costing more and more and can easily get into the thousands of dollars.
so maybe you would like to ride behind some 18 wheeler going up a mountain and bellowing black smoke into your windows......
I would imagine a lot of us are grateful things have changed for the better and not much of that exist.....
basically you are saying all you care about is yourself....
sorry.....but if the shoe fits
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:08 PM   #19
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Be aware that there is the Federal Emissions Warranty. It varies depending on vehicle. Some states have versions of it. Basically, it covers certain emission components for 7-10 years and around 100k miles. Dealers will try to charge you for repairs that are covered in the warranty. Just a heads up if dealing with broken smog components.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #20
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
so maybe you would like to ride behind some 18 wheeler going up a mountain and bellowing black smoke into your windows......
I would imagine a lot of us are grateful things have changed for the better and not much of that exist.....
basically you are saying all you care about is yourself....
sorry.....but if the shoe fits
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have many years of safe travels.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote