Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
2009 Va Mid-Atlantic Rally Official Announcement

For those who are interested, we have selected Fort Chiswell RV Park in the Wytheville, Va. Area as the site of the 2009 Virginia-Mid Atlantic Rally. The dates will be Thursday, Aug 6th through Sunday, Aug 9th. Reservations can be made at any time (ours have been made already) by calling toll-free 1-866-724-5505. Be sure to mention the Montana Owners Club. The rate will have a 10% reduction off of their normal rates. I was told that all sites are 50 amp full-hookup. After Thanksgiving we will start arranging activities and of course will be accepting volunteers to head up the planned meals and activities for the times selected. I will be making some kind of arrangements for a day trip to the Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine (an actual trip underground into a coal mine setting) and possibly a detour by the Pipestem Resort Aerial Tramway. I will start the sign up list and update as people express interest. Please post or PM me if you are interested in attending, I have summarized previous posts to show who is interested and will need to know when your reservations are made. We are believing for MORE than 20 rigs!!! When reservations are made, I would like to note it on the list. No down-payment is required for the reservation, but they will take your CC in the event of untimely cancellations. The web-site for the campground is http://www.campingfriend.com/FortChiswellRVCampground/. Information on the mine is at: http://www.beckleymine.com/ and Pipestem resort info is at www.pipestemresort.com

The list as mentioned is:

1. bncinwv - Bingo and Cathy Fincham(wagonmasters)- Winfield, WV - reserved
2. Bill-N-Donna - Bill and Donna Turner - South Shore, KY - reserved
3. Jay Bird - George and Rosetta Person - Fayetteville, NC - reserved
4. klindgren - Keith and Carol Lindgren - Chesapeake, VA - interested?
5. NCFischers - Jim and Vickie Fischer - New Bern, NC - reserved
6. Swanny - Kevin & Kathy ?? and boys - Bangor, Pa - interested
7. db engineer - Jan and Polly Weinmann - Roanoke, VA - reserved
8. H. John Kohl - John and Ann Kohl - Littlestown, PA - reserved
9. dsraines - Dewayne and Shelby Raines - Cross Junction, VA - interested
10. glenbarb - Glen & Barb DeVaughn - Statesville, NC - reserved
11. DHUNTER002 - Don and Connie Hunter - Attica, NY - reserved

Consider this an OPEN INVITATION to join us for a great weekend. As details unfold they will be posted in separate threads, please use this thread only to express interest or confirm attendance. Blessings to all!!!
Bingo and Cathy

PS: And thanks to H. John Kohl, here is a link to a few photos of the facility that he took at a recent stay:
Park Pictures

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bingo, You can put Lorraine and I down as Interested.

Now that we have firm dates on both the Great Lakes rally and this one we will be trying to squeeze both in.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I confirmed our reservations today. Very easy, I gave them our name told them I was with the Montana group and they put us on the list.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We're intrested. We'll make the reservations this weekend. This will probably be our first rally. We're looking forward to meeting all of you.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Bingo - Please add as potential interested attendees. We will not be able to confirm until late spring because of some possible other commitments. Thanks!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Sorry about that. I had better correct something before TW sees it. It's Jim & Vickie. Please change from Jim & Mrs? Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
I just made reservations for the rally. Vickie and I are looking forward to meeting all of you.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
gunner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6301
Bingo,

Dolores and I are interested at this point. DW has some health issues which we are addressing but hopefully she will be up for it.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
if i make reservation should i book a certain area of the park to keep us herded up?
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Swanny,
All you have to do is mention that you are with the Montana Owners Club and they will know the proper location to heep us all together. I assume you are interested so I will add you to the list. If you reserve let me know, if you decide not to attend let me know as well and I will change the attendees list accordingly.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:29 AM   #11
Annem
Established Member

M.O.C. #4406
Bingo, Put Bob and I down as interested. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Annem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Bingo,
Made reservations with Chiswell today. Found out you will get a quicker response if you send an email. I sent an email in the afternoon around 4pm and got a call from the campground in less than 30 mins after I sent the email.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:18 AM   #13
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
Made our reservations this morning. We're looking forward to meeting all of you.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:48 AM   #14
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Reservations made.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #15
Peg Jack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8568
Bingo, Cathy & girls thank you for organizing our event. Jack & I stayed at Ft. Chiswell last week on our way home from our 7 week trip to Florida. We made our reservations for August and are looking forward to seeing you and some of our new Moc friends again. We also will be interested in helping out where we can.
Peg Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #16
dsraines

M.O.C. #8087
Bingo and Cathy,

Put us down as interested. We will advise when we have reserved. There are family illnesses we are dealing with at this time, but hope they will be resolved by the time of the rally.
dsraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Bingo, Samuel and I will not be attending the rally. We have left our 5th wheel on a perminate site in FL and will not be towing it anymore. Have a great rally and I'll be thinking of you all.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
glenbarb
Established Member

M.O.C. #1686
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

For those who are interested, we have selected Fort Chiswell RV Park in the Wytheville, Va. Area as the site of the 2009 Virginia-Mid Atlantic Rally. The dates will be Thursday, Aug 6th through Sunday, Aug 9th. Reservations can be made at any time (ours have been made already) by calling toll-free 1-866-724-5505. Be sure to mention the Montana Owners Club. The rate will have a 10% reduction off of their normal rates. I was told that all sites are 50 amp full-hookup. After Thanksgiving we will start arranging activities and of course will be accepting volunteers to head up the planned meals and activities for the times selected. I will be making some kind of arrangements for a day trip to the Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine (an actual trip underground into a coal mine setting) and possibly a detour by the Pipestem Resort Aerial Tramway. I will start the sign up list and update as people express interest. Please post or PM me if you are interested in attending, I have summarized previous posts to show who is interested and will need to know when your reservations are made. We are believing for MORE than 20 rigs!!! When reservations are made, I would like to note it on the list. No down-payment is required for the reservation, but they will take your CC in the event of untimely cancellations. The web-site for the campground is http://www.campingfriend.com/FortChiswellRVCampground/. Information on the mine is at: http://www.beckleymine.com/ and Pipestem resort info is at www.pipestemresort.com

The list as mentioned is:

1. bncinwv - Bingo and Cathy Fincham(wagonmasters)- Winfield, WV - reserved
2. Joyce H - Tom and Joyce Holroyd - Cleveland, TN - interested
3. mail2us - Dennis and Judy LaFreniere - Clermont, FL - interested
4. Bill-N-Donna - Bill and Donna Turner - South Shore, KY - reserved
5. Bill and Lisa - Bill and Lisa Rearick - Virginia Beach, VA - interested
6. richfaa - Rich and Helen Lascola - North Ridgeville, OH - interested
7. Jay Bird - George and Rosetta Person - Fayetteville, NC - reserved
8. klindgren - Keith and Carol Lindgren - Chesapeake, VA - interested?
9. chieflawdawg - Steve and Carla Schenk - Salisbury, NC - interested
10. Glenn and Lorraine - Glenn and Lorraine Adams - Clearwater, FL - interested
11. NCFischers - Jim and Vickie Fischer - New Bern, NC - reserved
12. steves - Steve and Betty Senderovitz - Belvidere, NJ - interested
13. Gunner - Garnett & Dolores Lee - Gainesville, Va - interested
14. Swanny - Kevin & Kathy ?? and boys - Bangor, Pa - interested
15. Annem - Bob & Anne Coe - Jacksonville, Fl - interested
16. db engineer - Jan and Polly Weinmann - Roanoke, VA - reserved
17. H. John Kohl - John and Ann Kohl - Littlestown, PA - reserved
18. Peg Jack - Jack and Peggy Mills - South Park, PA - reserved
19. dsraines - Dewayne and Shelby Raines - Cross Junction, VA - interested

Consider this an OPEN INVITATION to join us for a great weekend. As details unfold they will be posted in separate threads, please use this thread only to express interest or confirm attendance. Blessings to all!!!
Bingo and Cathy
glenbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #19
glenbarb
Established Member

M.O.C. #1686
We made our reservations today looking forward to meeting everyone.
glenbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
I call Fort Chiswell to check on my reservation and was told they had no record of it. So I had to make it again. We will arrive 5 Aug.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote